* Gdoc to md
@ 2023-05-19 21:49 Mark Pinsley
       [not found] ` <b3abcff6-701d-4a64-b5b0-9faee1b2b1a4n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Mark Pinsley @ 2023-05-19 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I have a whole bunch of google docs in a folder. Let say 20 files for the
time being, I have a lot more than that, but in one directory there are
twenty files.

I want to convert all of these files from .gdoc to .md

1. I didn't see any way for pandoc to do this, is there a way?
2. Is there a way to batch process this? I don't want to have to go into
every google doc and save as, and then convert

Lastly, what tools are you using to collaborate in MD. are you putting
things into github? If so are you using the Github editor or another
editor. I was using StackEdit, but it doesn't look like it is being
supported.

Thanks

* Re: Gdoc to md
       [not found] ` <b3abcff6-701d-4a64-b5b0-9faee1b2b1a4n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-05-19 21:55   ` Craig Parker
       [not found]     ` <CAHzYjEskCjZkHZcxmNj2n5Y19Y-PN3gq+DxWS8cUXg6XwcfsGA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Craig Parker @ 2023-05-19 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Not sure about the gdoc thing in particular, but there's got to be a way to
script it. It's what I do going from md to html to pdf

On Fri, May 19, 2023, 5:49 PM Mark Pinsley <mark-NHpudssogepBDgjK7y7TUQ@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> I have a whole bunch of google docs in a folder. Let say 20 files for the
> time being, I have a lot more than that, but in one directory there are
> twenty files.
>
> I want to convert all of these files from .gdoc to .md
>
> 1. I didn't see any way for pandoc to do this, is there a way?
> 2. Is there a way to batch process this? I don't want to have to go into
> every google doc and save as, and then convert
>
> Lastly, what tools are you using to collaborate in MD. are you putting
> things into github? If so are you using the Github editor or another
> editor. I was using StackEdit, but it doesn't look like it is being
> supported.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/b3abcff6-701d-4a64-b5b0-9faee1b2b1a4n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/b3abcff6-701d-4a64-b5b0-9faee1b2b1a4n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

* Re: Gdoc to md
       [not found]     ` <CAHzYjEskCjZkHZcxmNj2n5Y19Y-PN3gq+DxWS8cUXg6XwcfsGA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-05-20  0:38       ` Alan Tyree
From: Alan Tyree @ 2023-05-20  0:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Re collaboration: a New Zealand friend and I use Bitbucket. He uses VS
Code, I use Emacs.

If there are only two of you, you could also use diff and email.

Cheers,
Alan

On Sat, 20 May 2023 at 07:56, Craig Parker <craig.fossfolks-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
wrote:

> Not sure about the gdoc thing in particular, but there's got to be a way
> to script it. It's what I do going from md to html to pdf
>
> On Fri, May 19, 2023, 5:49 PM Mark Pinsley <mark-NHpudssogepBDgjK7y7TUQ@public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
>> I have a whole bunch of google docs in a folder. Let say 20 files for the
>> time being, I have a lot more than that, but in one directory there are
>> twenty files.
>>
>> I want to convert all of these files from .gdoc to .md
>>
>> 1. I didn't see any way for pandoc to do this, is there a way?
>> 2. Is there a way to batch process this? I don't want to have to go into
>> every google doc and save as, and then convert
>>
>> Lastly, what tools are you using to collaborate in MD. are you putting
>> things into github? If so are you using the Github editor or another
>> editor. I was using StackEdit, but it doesn't look like it is being
>> supported.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/b3abcff6-701d-4a64-b5b0-9faee1b2b1a4n%40googlegroups.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/b3abcff6-701d-4a64-b5b0-9faee1b2b1a4n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .
>>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CAHzYjEskCjZkHZcxmNj2n5Y19Y-PN3gq%2BDxWS8cUXg6XwcfsGA%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CAHzYjEskCjZkHZcxmNj2n5Y19Y-PN3gq%2BDxWS8cUXg6XwcfsGA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

* Re: Gdoc to md
       [not found] ` <b3abcff6-701d-4a64-b5b0-9faee1b2b1a4n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-05-20 14:10   ` Joseph Reagle
From: Joseph Reagle @ 2023-05-20 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

It's in Beta, and I've not used it, but you might be interested in https://zed.dev/ for collaboration.

You might also try a shared online platform, like https://hackmd.io/ .

Or, Quarto with Conflunce: https://quarto.org/docs/publishing/confluence.html

On 5/19/23 17:49, Mark Pinsley wrote:
> I have a whole bunch of google docs in a folder. Let say 20 files for the time being, I have a lot more than that, but in one directory there are twenty files.
>
> I want to convert all of these files from .gdoc to .md
>
> 1. I didn't see any way for pandoc to do this, is there a way?
> 2. Is there a way to batch process this? I don't want to have to go into every google doc and save as, and then convert
>
> Lastly, what tools are you using to collaborate in MD. are you putting things into github? If so are you using the Github editor or another editor. I was using StackEdit, but it doesn't look like it is being supported.
>
> Thanks
>
> --

* Re: Gdoc to md
       [not found] ` <b3abcff6-701d-4a64-b5b0-9faee1b2b1a4n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-05-21  7:34   ` BPJ
       [not found]     ` <CADAJKhA7A1QLd5SMqkvxs+NCCSxSap-NBVzG1-XW1wf8zjdxwg-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: BPJ @ 2023-05-21  7:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Just download them as DOCX (the gdoc download mechanism has an option for
that) and convert those DOCX files. I do it "all the time" (I don't use
gdoc myself but my collaborators do). Uploading DOCX to gdoc is also a
breeze.

Den fre 19 maj 2023 23:50Mark Pinsley <mark-NHpudssogepBDgjK7y7TUQ@public.gmane.org> skrev:

> I have a whole bunch of google docs in a folder. Let say 20 files for the
> time being, I have a lot more than that, but in one directory there are
> twenty files.
>
> I want to convert all of these files from .gdoc to .md
>
> 1. I didn't see any way for pandoc to do this, is there a way?
> 2. Is there a way to batch process this? I don't want to have to go into
> every google doc and save as, and then convert
>
> Lastly, what tools are you using to collaborate in MD. are you putting
> things into github? If so are you using the Github editor or another
> editor. I was using StackEdit, but it doesn't look like it is being
> supported.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/b3abcff6-701d-4a64-b5b0-9faee1b2b1a4n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/b3abcff6-701d-4a64-b5b0-9faee1b2b1a4n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

* Re: Gdoc to md
       [not found]     ` <CADAJKhA7A1QLd5SMqkvxs+NCCSxSap-NBVzG1-XW1wf8zjdxwg-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-05-21 14:47       ` Mark Pinsley
       [not found]         ` <8A9C0319-D2C4-4A77-B50E-02B2FCC050AD-85mlybbDJu0gu7xKmIUUUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Mark Pinsley @ 2023-05-21 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pandoc-Discuss

 Thank you.

Is there someway to batch process this as there are a lot of files

Thx

Mark

> On May 21, 2023 at 3:35 AM,  <BPJ (mailto:melroch-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org)>  wrote:
>

> Just download them as DOCX (the gdoc download mechanism has an option for that) and convert those DOCX files. I do it "all the time" (I don't use gdoc myself but my collaborators do). Uploading DOCX to gdoc is also a breeze.
>

> Den fre 19 maj 2023 23:50Mark Pinsley  <mark-NHpudssogepBDgjK7y7TUQ@public.gmane.org (mailto:mark@pinsley.com)>  skrev:
>
> > I have a whole bunch of google docs in a folder. Let say 20 files for the time being, I have a lot more than that, but in one directory there are twenty files.
> >

> > I want to convert all of these files from .gdoc to .md
> >

> > 1. I didn't see any way for pandoc to do this, is there a way?
> >
> > 2. Is there a way to batch process this? I don't want to have to go into every google doc and save as, and then convert
> >

> > Lastly, what tools are you using to collaborate in MD. are you putting things into github? If so are you using the Github editor or another editor. I was using StackEdit, but it doesn't look like it is being supported.
> >

> > Thanks
> >

> >  --
> >

>  --

* Re: Gdoc to md
       [not found]         ` <8A9C0319-D2C4-4A77-B50E-02B2FCC050AD-85mlybbDJu0gu7xKmIUUUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-05-22  7:20           ` ThomasH
       [not found]             ` <948f1dc9-3efb-4b0c-b6b8-d72b446999adn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: ThomasH @ 2023-05-22  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

What do you want to batch process? The downloading or the translation with
pandoc?

For batch translation you can use something like this:

find <subdir> -name "*.docx" -exec sh -c 'f=`printf "%q" \{}`;  pandoc
--from docx --to md --output=<subdir>/${f%.*}.md $f' \; -print

On Sunday, May 21, 2023 at 4:47:25 PM UTC+2 Mark Pinsley wrote:

> Thank you.
> Is there someway to batch process this as there are a lot of files
>
> Thx
> Mark
>

> On May 21, 2023 at 3:35 AM, <BPJ> wrote:
>
> Just download them as DOCX (the gdoc download mechanism has an option for
> that) and convert those DOCX files. I do it "all the time" (I don't use
> gdoc myself but my collaborators do). Uploading DOCX to gdoc is also a
> breeze.
>
> Den fre 19 maj 2023 23:50Mark Pinsley <ma...-NHpudssogepBDgjK7y7TUQ@public.gmane.org> skrev:
>
>> I have a whole bunch of google docs in a folder. Let say 20 files for the
>> time being, I have a lot more than that, but in one directory there are
>> twenty files.
>>
>> I want to convert all of these files from .gdoc to .md
>>
>> 1. I didn't see any way for pandoc to do this, is there a way?
>> 2. Is there a way to batch process this? I don't want to have to go into
>> every google doc and save as, and then convert
>>
>> Lastly, what tools are you using to collaborate in MD. are you putting
>> things into github? If so are you using the Github editor or another
>> editor. I was using StackEdit, but it doesn't look like it is being
>> supported.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/b3abcff6-701d-4a64-b5b0-9faee1b2b1a4n%40googlegroups.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/b3abcff6-701d-4a64-b5b0-9faee1b2b1a4n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .
>>
> --

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CADAJKhA7A1QLd5SMqkvxs%2BNCCSxSap-NBVzG1-XW1wf8zjdxwg%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CADAJKhA7A1QLd5SMqkvxs%2BNCCSxSap-NBVzG1-XW1wf8zjdxwg%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

* Re: Gdoc to md
       [not found]             ` <948f1dc9-3efb-4b0c-b6b8-d72b446999adn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-05-22 13:05               ` Mark Pinsley
       [not found]                 ` <CAOtJyj6a2TLz9fUC+f0RcHXCy3a=n+WaaE=zskP3_tsDnPrCLA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Mark Pinsley @ 2023-05-22 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Thank you.

Background: I have several hundred gdocs that I want to convert to
markdown. I will then clean up the documents in markdown and convert from
md to HTML.

What I have been trying to **avoid** is having to open all of the gdocs one
by one and then have to save them as a docx one by one. I am trying to get
from gdoc -> markdown  as easily as possible

THX!

On Mon, May 22, 2023 at 3:20 AM ThomasH <therch-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> What do you want to batch process? The downloading or the translation with
> pandoc?
>
> For batch translation you can use something like this:
>
> find <subdir> -name "*.docx" -exec sh -c 'f=`printf "%q" \{}`;  pandoc
> --from docx --to md --output=<subdir>/${f%.*}.md $f' \; -print
>
> On Sunday, May 21, 2023 at 4:47:25 PM UTC+2 Mark Pinsley wrote:
>
>> Thank you.
>> Is there someway to batch process this as there are a lot of files
>>
>> Thx
>> Mark
>>

>> On May 21, 2023 at 3:35 AM, <BPJ> wrote:
>>
>> Just download them as DOCX (the gdoc download mechanism has an option for
>> that) and convert those DOCX files. I do it "all the time" (I don't use
>> gdoc myself but my collaborators do). Uploading DOCX to gdoc is also a
>> breeze.
>>
>> Den fre 19 maj 2023 23:50Mark Pinsley <ma...-NHpudssogepBDgjK7y7TUQ@public.gmane.org> skrev:
>>
>>> I have a whole bunch of google docs in a folder. Let say 20 files for
>>> the time being, I have a lot more than that, but in one directory there are
>>> twenty files.
>>>
>>> I want to convert all of these files from .gdoc to .md
>>>
>>> 1. I didn't see any way for pandoc to do this, is there a way?
>>> 2. Is there a way to batch process this? I don't want to have to go into
>>> every google doc and save as, and then convert
>>>
>>> Lastly, what tools are you using to collaborate in MD. are you putting
>>> things into github? If so are you using the Github editor or another
>>> editor. I was using StackEdit, but it doesn't look like it is being
>>> supported.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> --
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/b3abcff6-701d-4a64-b5b0-9faee1b2b1a4n%40googlegroups.com
>>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/b3abcff6-701d-4a64-b5b0-9faee1b2b1a4n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>>> .
>>>
>> --

>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CADAJKhA7A1QLd5SMqkvxs%2BNCCSxSap-NBVzG1-XW1wf8zjdxwg%40mail.gmail.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CADAJKhA7A1QLd5SMqkvxs%2BNCCSxSap-NBVzG1-XW1wf8zjdxwg%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .
>>
>> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/948f1dc9-3efb-4b0c-b6b8-d72b446999adn%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/948f1dc9-3efb-4b0c-b6b8-d72b446999adn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

* Re: Gdoc to md
       [not found]         ` <8A9C0319-D2C4-4A77-B50E-02B2FCC050AD-85mlybbDJu0gu7xKmIUUUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-05-22 15:34           ` BPJ
From: BPJ @ 2023-05-22 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

A Makefile?

Den sön 21 maj 2023 16:48Mark Pinsley <mark-NHpudssogepBDgjK7y7TUQ@public.gmane.org> skrev:

> Thank you.
> Is there someway to batch process this as there are a lot of files
>
> Thx
> Mark
>

> On May 21, 2023 at 3:35 AM, <BPJ <melroch-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>> wrote:
>
> Just download them as DOCX (the gdoc download mechanism has an option for
> that) and convert those DOCX files. I do it "all the time" (I don't use
> gdoc myself but my collaborators do). Uploading DOCX to gdoc is also a
> breeze.
>
> Den fre 19 maj 2023 23:50Mark Pinsley <mark-NHpudssogepBDgjK7y7TUQ@public.gmane.org> skrev:
>
>> I have a whole bunch of google docs in a folder. Let say 20 files for the
>> time being, I have a lot more than that, but in one directory there are
>> twenty files.
>>
>> I want to convert all of these files from .gdoc to .md
>>
>> 1. I didn't see any way for pandoc to do this, is there a way?
>> 2. Is there a way to batch process this? I don't want to have to go into
>> every google doc and save as, and then convert
>>
>> Lastly, what tools are you using to collaborate in MD. are you putting
>> things into github? If so are you using the Github editor or another
>> editor. I was using StackEdit, but it doesn't look like it is being
>> supported.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/b3abcff6-701d-4a64-b5b0-9faee1b2b1a4n%40googlegroups.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/b3abcff6-701d-4a64-b5b0-9faee1b2b1a4n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .
>>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CADAJKhA7A1QLd5SMqkvxs%2BNCCSxSap-NBVzG1-XW1wf8zjdxwg%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CADAJKhA7A1QLd5SMqkvxs%2BNCCSxSap-NBVzG1-XW1wf8zjdxwg%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/8A9C0319-D2C4-4A77-B50E-02B2FCC050AD%40edison.tech
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/8A9C0319-D2C4-4A77-B50E-02B2FCC050AD%40edison.tech?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

* Re: Gdoc to md
@ 2023-05-22 15:40                   ` BPJ
       [not found]                     ` <CADAJKhBnEqDvSh6EEm56zah-+Tt0hYwnQUbm3fjQqzcbvWh7Aw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: BPJ @ 2023-05-22 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

https://www.computerworld.com/article/2835663/easily-convert-google-drive-files-to-microsoft-office-in-one-big-batch.html

Den mån 22 maj 2023 15:06Mark Pinsley <mark-NHpudssogepBDgjK7y7TUQ@public.gmane.org> skrev:

> Thank you.
>
> Background: I have several hundred gdocs that I want to convert to
> markdown. I will then clean up the documents in markdown and convert from
> md to HTML.
>
> What I have been trying to **avoid** is having to open all of the gdocs
> one by one and then have to save them as a docx one by one. I am trying to
> get from gdoc -> markdown  as easily as possible
>
> THX!
>
> On Mon, May 22, 2023 at 3:20 AM ThomasH <therch-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
>> What do you want to batch process? The downloading or the translation
>> with pandoc?
>>
>> For batch translation you can use something like this:
>>
>> find <subdir> -name "*.docx" -exec sh -c 'f=`printf "%q" \{}`;  pandoc
>> --from docx --to md --output=<subdir>/${f%.*}.md $f' \; -print
>>
>> On Sunday, May 21, 2023 at 4:47:25 PM UTC+2 Mark Pinsley wrote:
>>
>>> Thank you.
>>> Is there someway to batch process this as there are a lot of files
>>>
>>> Thx
>>> Mark
>>>

>>> On May 21, 2023 at 3:35 AM, <BPJ> wrote:
>>>
>>> Just download them as DOCX (the gdoc download mechanism has an option
>>> for that) and convert those DOCX files. I do it "all the time" (I don't use
>>> gdoc myself but my collaborators do). Uploading DOCX to gdoc is also a
>>> breeze.

>>> --

>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CADAJKhA7A1QLd5SMqkvxs%2BNCCSxSap-NBVzG1-XW1wf8zjdxwg%40mail.gmail.com
>>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CADAJKhA7A1QLd5SMqkvxs%2BNCCSxSap-NBVzG1-XW1wf8zjdxwg%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>>> .
>>>
>>> --
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/948f1dc9-3efb-4b0c-b6b8-d72b446999adn%40googlegroups.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/948f1dc9-3efb-4b0c-b6b8-d72b446999adn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .
>>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CAOtJyj6a2TLz9fUC%2Bf0RcHXCy3a%3Dn%2BWaaE%3DzskP3_tsDnPrCLA%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CAOtJyj6a2TLz9fUC%2Bf0RcHXCy3a%3Dn%2BWaaE%3DzskP3_tsDnPrCLA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

* Re: Gdoc to md
@ 2023-05-22 15:57                       ` BPJ
       [not found]                         ` <CADAJKhC4jVpHARoWWhuUSHbMzC=zk=hnvkdS6+Ly6ci6XhuykQ-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: BPJ @ 2023-05-22 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bpj; +Cc: pandoc-discuss

Also rclone fetches docs from drive as docx

https://rclone.org/

Den mån 22 maj 2023 17:40BPJ <bpj-J3H7GcXPSITLoDKTGw+V6w@public.gmane.org> skrev:

> https://www.computerworld.com/article/2835663/easily-convert-google-drive-files-to-microsoft-office-in-one-big-batch.html
>
> Den mån 22 maj 2023 15:06Mark Pinsley <mark-NHpudssogepBDgjK7y7TUQ@public.gmane.org> skrev:
>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Background: I have several hundred gdocs that I want to convert to
>> markdown. I will then clean up the documents in markdown and convert from
>> md to HTML.
>>
>> What I have been trying to **avoid** is having to open all of the gdocs
>> one by one and then have to save them as a docx one by one. I am trying to
>> get from gdoc -> markdown  as easily as possible
>>
>> THX!
>>
>> On Mon, May 22, 2023 at 3:20 AM ThomasH <therch-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
>>
>>> What do you want to batch process? The downloading or the translation
>>> with pandoc?
>>>
>>> For batch translation you can use something like this:
>>>
>>> find <subdir> -name "*.docx" -exec sh -c 'f=`printf "%q" \{}`;  pandoc
>>> --from docx --to md --output=<subdir>/${f%.*}.md $f' \; -print

>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/948f1dc9-3efb-4b0c-b6b8-d72b446999adn%40googlegroups.com
>>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/948f1dc9-3efb-4b0c-b6b8-d72b446999adn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>>> .
>>>
>> --