Also binary size as opposed to memory usage and CPU usage is relatively unimportant. I still remember when you had your system on one 3.5" disk and your program *and* files on another. Now that was size restriction! I felt like I had unlimited storage when I got an 80 MB HDD! If you have experienced that it is hard to get worked up about saving a few tenths of MBs in a binary which can be compressed to less than 25 MB in an age where a somewhat dated phone has more than 60 GB for storage only. I'd be interested to know where you are under that kind of size strictures in the year 2020! -- Better --help|less than helpless Den sön 3 maj 2020 15:40Ivan Lazar Miljenovic skrev: > On Sun, 3 May 2020 at 20:55, brainchild wrote: > >> >> parsing, outputting various other formats. Many large parsers, like >>> >> those for LaTeX and HTML, are dependencies of the Markdown reader, so >> >> >> This observations strikes me as quite peculiar. Would you elaborate the >> reasons for the dependencies? >> > > Because the Markdown parser can parse HTML and LaTeX fragments in Markdown > documents. > > Another factor to take into account in the binary size is the GHC Run Time > System, etc. This link is a bit dated but might give you some ideas: > https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6115459/small-haskell-program-compiled-with-ghc-into-huge-binary > > -- > Ivan Lazar Miljenovic > Ivan.Miljenovic-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org > http://IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "pandoc-discuss" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CA%2Bu6gbwbuU9QhDFygzHh259Pa99qCTNBAq6-Jym6z24hhCF%3DPQ%40mail.gmail.com > > . > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CADAJKhDW7y4JF3pDCMD4_6RoU36BwETeuPThmzKm%2BSG76rNVZw%40mail.gmail.com.