* HTML to PDF with print media
@ 2023-08-25 23:11 'Vivianne' via pandoc-discuss
       [not found] ` <8fbe5ece-caa7-428c-a940-01c49ef8709dn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: 'Vivianne' via pandoc-discuss @ 2023-08-25 23:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I'm trying to convert HTML to PDF in the exact same manor that pressing
ctrl+p in a browser would. The CSS has @media print stuff that gives the
browser instructions on how to render the page. When I go

pandoc zine.html zine.pdf

pandoc ignores the @media print and spits out a very tall column over
several pages.

How do I get the same behavior as a browser?

* Re: HTML to PDF with print media
       [not found] ` <8fbe5ece-caa7-428c-a940-01c49ef8709dn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-08-26  0:18   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2023-08-26  0:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

> On Aug 25, 2023, at 4:11 PM, 'Vivianne' via pandoc-discuss <pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I'm trying to convert HTML to PDF in the exact same manor that pressing ctrl+p in a browser would. The CSS has @media print stuff that gives the browser instructions on how to render the page. When I go
>
> pandoc zine.html zine.pdf
>
> pandoc ignores the @media print and spits out a very tall column over several pages.
>
> How do I get the same behavior as a browser?

Use a browser.

Pandoc is about converting structural elements, not formatting details (see the manual).

@ 2023-08-27  8:54   ` BPJ
From: BPJ @ 2023-08-27  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss