* Can anyone provide a simple example of how to use custom styles with ODT output?
@ 2021-06-14 19:15 T. Kurt Bond
       [not found] ` <CAN1EhV8K3qkd4XpHY7T5=SfXr4qgA+Vp4AQZ2KsnvEQwTctf7A-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: T. Kurt Bond @ 2021-06-14 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

This <https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/2106#issuecomment-714824114>
comment says custom styles have been implemented for ODT, but I can't find
any examples of how to do it.

I know that I have to use --reference-doc=custom=custom-reference.odt and I
know how to produce custom-reference.odt using

pandoc -o custom-reference.odt --print-default-data-file reference.odt

and I know how to create the custom styles in custom-reference.odt, but I
can't figure out how to put the pieces together.

I want to have, for instance, a custom style name that makes things marked
up with it show up in italics in the ODT output.  Should this markdown work?

This sentence includes a name: [J. Random User]{custom-style="name"}.

It doesn't seem to work.
--
T. Kurt Bond, tkurtbond-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org, https://tkurtbond.github.io

* Re: Can anyone provide a simple example of how to use custom styles with ODT output?
       [not found] ` <CAN1EhV8K3qkd4XpHY7T5=SfXr4qgA+Vp4AQZ2KsnvEQwTctf7A-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-06-14 20:07   ` BPJ
       [not found]     ` <CADAJKhCZ8=EVj_=VikW2MawA+Qwz0-0c7z_bJgf3DTXHNRKcnw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: BPJ @ 2021-06-14 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Did you by any chance create a paragraph style rather than a character
style? Custom-style spans need character styles; divs need paragraph styles.

@ 2021-06-14 20:26       ` T. Kurt Bond
       [not found]         ` <CAN1EhV__DCJTc=UbC2MpvPo5qdmodWwXQkPTf6ws1Eipw9m+oA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: T. Kurt Bond @ 2021-06-14 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw