You need to keep a counter for the chapter numbers, basically a variable holding a number to which you add 1 each time you encounter a new chapter and then replace the "local" number at the chapter level with the value of this variable for each heading. BTW number incrementing in Lua is very old school: var = var + 1. Den fre 11 jan. 2019 13:57 skrev Axel Rauschmayer : > > I haven't looked at this in detail, but I would have >> thought you could have extracted what you needed from >> the `numbering` part of a Sec, which is just >> a list of integers, e.g. 2, 4, 2. >> >> If your top level header is parts, then the first >> number is the part, the second the chapter, the >> third the section. Then it's just a matter of >> converting the part to a roman numeral when the >> other numbers are absent, and otherwise ignoring >> the part and concatenating the other numbers >> with '.' between... >> > > The problem is that part numbers don’t affect chapter numbers: > > - I. Part 1 > - Chapter 1 > - Chapter 2 > - II. Part 2 > - Chapter 3 > - Chapter 4 > > The first part of my filter numbers Headers properly (to be used with HTML > and parts): > > - Visit Headers via a filter. > - Per Header: > - Update a counter (with one integer per content entity): depending > on the level of the Header, while correctly handling part numbers. > - Prefix the Header’s content with the properly formatted counter. > > Given that I already track Headers and their numbers: > > - I just additionally keep a mapping from chapter IDs to a list of the > chapter’s Headers. > - For the chapter TOC, I transform this list to nested bullet lists, > in a second pass. > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "pandoc-discuss" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/6e119a06-0158-452e-84e3-b248a4efd4a6%40googlegroups.com > > . > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CADAJKhDkztkE%2Bk35A4r4XuZJFoy9ivEm3%3D48YHkbdfNJbMYhrA%40mail.gmail.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.