From: David Snopek <dsnopek-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org
Subject: Re: EPUB toc for whole book?
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 17:13:55 -0500	[thread overview]

2012/4/28 John MacFarlane <fiddlosopher-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>:

> Internal links between chapters do work in pandoc 1.9.2 -- but
> maybe not in the way you expect. You need to create
> the links using the implicit identifiers described in
> <http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/README.html#header-identifiers-in-html-latex-and-context>.

Hey Guys!

Sorry for my late reply.  I just figured out what was wrong with the
internal links in EPUB.  For some reason, if you have any content in
the beginning that isn't in a chapter, internal links break.  For
example, the follow document will get a bad internal link in EPUB (but
not Latex or HTML):

% Test Book
% Test Author

Here is the forward.

# Chapter 1

I am chapter 1.

# Chapter 2

[See Chapter 1](#chapter-1)

I've also attached two files to demostrate in case this isn't clear
enough. Anyway, to fix in my case, I just made a chapter for the
forward material.  When I generate the latex, I have a preprocess step
that removes that chapter.

Best regards,
David.

--