I don't think there's a straightforward way to do that. You _could_ write a filter which catches tables, and uses a slightly modified version of pandoc's latex table writer function to make it output \begin{longtable}[l]..... On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 3:08 PM, Larry Hynes wrote: > Currently the only way that I've found to do this is to first > get Pandoc to output .tex from the markdown source, then change > the [c] in > > \begin{longtable}[c]{@{}llr@{}} > > to an [l], copy and paste that table into the original markdown > document and then convert to .pdf using the -R flag. > > I've tried everything I can think of in my xelatex template to > get the table to align left but Pandoc seems to override all and > stick doggedly to [c]. > > Can anyone offer any suggestions please, as to how I might be > able to convert directly from markdown to pdf, via xelatex, and > have tables align to the left? > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "pandoc-discuss" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/m8m31g%241td%241%40ger.gmane.org > . > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CAE4-1rWuKgOaoSfsupmKpA%2B%2BkeahDkMS_xEZPCRvXzFNrpQk6w%40mail.gmail.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.