From: Mark Szepieniec <mszepien-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org
Subject: Re: Table cell horizontal alignment (docx)
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 15:31:34 +0100	[thread overview]

The pandoc document model does support alignments in tables, and from a
quick look at the source code, the docx writer seems to support alignment.
Therefore I'd guess it's an issue with the html reader.

Note that in pandoc the alignments are set by column, so I'm not sure if it
could ever properly interpret html input in which every cell has an
arbitrary alignment.

I think your options are to switch to markdown for your input, whose tables
pandoc understands properly, or write a filter that changes alignment
settings of tables that have been read in from html.