Does it work to escape the newline after the comment? That way it would syntactically be on a different line. On Fri, 20 Aug 2021, 19:55 Joseph Reagle, wrote: > On 21-08-20 14:40, Daniel Staal wrote: > > Since the comment is ignored, you have an empty line between list > items. That converts it from a 'compact' list to a 'loose' list. > > > > I'm not sure if there's a good fix for that for this case. > Yes, compact vs loose, I'm sure you are right. As a hack, I can > join/concatenate the commented line with its predecessor to preserve > compactness, but that's not as easy in the text editor as a single key > press to comment... > > I wonder what would happen if pandoc dropped a CR/LF when immediately > following a comment? Then, there'd be no blank line... > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "pandoc-discuss" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/decd3c8a-41f7-bcf2-addf-3e226cfc0896%40reagle.org > . > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CAEe_xxg0N37nDD4kD5UfKcJOQM6xfRPVx69cTho%3D11mhYxWKCQ%40mail.gmail.com.