I think that your HTML must contain tables that cannot be represented in gfm and therefore are left as HTML (which is valid gfm I believe?). When you specify -raw_html you are forbidding pandoc from doing this, so I guess this is why it outputs [TABLE]. As for the empty output in the last case, when I tried it I got a "The extension native_divs is not supported for gfm" error, which is presumably why no output was generated. On Sun, 28 May 2023 at 13:04, wrote: > Hi all, > > > I'm a bit clueless with HTML table conversion at the moment. > > I currently use pandoc 3.1.2 on x64 and I'm converting some HTML dumps > into Markdown (gfm). > > I read the manpage, the web site docs and googled, but apparently missed > the crucial pointer so far. > > > In many cases, by default tables end up as raw HTML in the Markdown output. > > I tried to circumvent this by using > > pandoc -f html -t gfm-raw_html > > However, instead of the actual table, only the following text is being > output then: > > [TABLE] > > That's obviously not what I want. > > If I add something like > > -native_divs-native_spans-fenced_divs-bracketed_spans > > to my output format spec, nothing is output any more for my affected test file, i.e. the output stays totally empty. > > > I just want my HTML table to be converted into a corresponding Markdown > table, at least as good as it can be expressed in Markdown - I'm aware that > HTML tables allow for more features and in many cases may not be converted > perfectly or not without some information loss or adaptions. > > However just getting the word "TABLE" is the output is too much simplified > in my eyes, with all table content being completely lost... > > > Best regards, > > Gunter > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "pandoc-discuss" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/3b196e5a-93f8-77dd-366d-9bcff734ce64%40ohrner.net > > . > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CAEe_xxgyB95nEYoOziSr84wfGNaj8bZNNo07vVORpF0KqQO7UQ%40mail.gmail.com.