* Clickable citation links
@ 2022-02-07 14:21 'Jan Ulrich Hasecke' via pandoc-discuss
       [not found] ` <2c70a2f6-189a-714a-77d4-19039882f7c1-cl+VPiYnx/1AfugRpC6u6w@public.gmane.org>
From: 'Jan Ulrich Hasecke' via pandoc-discuss @ 2022-02-07 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Dear all,

is it possible to have clickable citation links?

That:

Blah blah [@doe99].

becomes this:

Blah blah [1] <-- The [1] should be a
                   link to the [1]
                   in the bibliography

Bibliography

[1] Doe,John ...

TIA
juh

* Re: Clickable citation links
       [not found] ` <2c70a2f6-189a-714a-77d4-19039882f7c1-cl+VPiYnx/1AfugRpC6u6w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2022-02-07 14:32   ` William Lupton
       [not found]     ` <CAEe_xxh796mP3tPSX6OZvH+kt_1wFhvJHy_9rZ_q1B6QCZw7zQ-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: William Lupton @ 2022-02-07 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I think you want to set link-citations? (
https://pandoc.org/MANUAL.html#other-relevant-metadata-fields)

@ 2022-02-08  9:16       ` 'Jan Ulrich Hasecke' via pandoc-discuss
       [not found]         ` <f35187fe-36d6-9e6b-ba3e-ec83b99a2ce7-cl+VPiYnx/1AfugRpC6u6w@public.gmane.org>
From: 'Jan Ulrich Hasecke' via pandoc-discuss @ 2022-02-08  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Am 07.02.22 um 15:32 schrieb William Lupton:
> I think you want to set link-citations?
> (https://pandoc.org/MANUAL.html#other-relevant-metadata-fields
> <https://pandoc.org/MANUAL.html#other-relevant-metadata-fields>)

Thanks a lot. That's it.

Are backlinks possible somehow?

juh

* AW: Clickable citation links
       [not found]         ` <f35187fe-36d6-9e6b-ba3e-ec83b99a2ce7-cl+VPiYnx/1AfugRpC6u6w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2022-02-08  9:36           ` denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0
From: denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0 @ 2022-02-08  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

There's been a discussion about this recently on the Mailing list. IIRC, the result was that it's possible with a filter.

Denis

@ 2022-02-08  9:39           ` William Lupton
       [not found]             ` <CAEe_xxgGV-vSvNDX9fWON=E=R5RntvGKuK8vMJzq0Yubyxp-Kg-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: William Lupton @ 2022-02-08  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

(The message from Denis arrived just as I was about to send this.)

If I understand you correctly, back-links would be 1:n wouldn't they, and
therefore more challenging (how would they be represented?).

I'm not aware of any support for back-links, but they could (in theory) be
added in a lua filter that runs after citeproc. The outline below could be
expanded to do this. Note that, because the references section might be
anywhere in the document, you'd need two passes: one to collect the
citations and the other to insert the back-links.

William

##################
% pandoc ref.md --citeproc -L ref.lua >/dev/null
citation: id=RFC2549 note_num=1
citation: id=RFC1149 note_num=2
ref: id=ref-RFC1149 content=“Avian Carriers.” 1990. IETF.
ref: id=ref-RFC2549 content=“IP over Avian Carriers with Quality of
Service.” 1999. IETF.

##################
% cat ref.lua
function Cite(cite)
    for _, citation in ipairs(cite.citations) do
        io.stderr:write('citation: id=' .. citation.id .. ' note_num=' ..
                            citation.note_num  .. '\n')
    end
end

function Div(div)
    if div.attr.classes:find('csl-entry') then
        io.stderr:write('ref: id=' .. div.attr.identifier .. ' content=' ..
                            pandoc.utils.stringify(div.content) .. '\n')
    end
end

##################
% cat ref.md
---
title: References example

references:
- id: RFC1149
  call-number: RFC 1149
  title: Avian Carriers
  publisher: IETF
  issued: {year: 1990}

- id: RFC2549
  call-number: RFC 2549
  title: IP over Avian Carriers with Quality of Service
  publisher: IETF
  issued: {year: 1999}

# Text

This is RFC 2549 [@RFC2549].

This is RFC 1149 [@RFC1149].

# References

On Tue, 8 Feb 2022 at 09:16, 'Jan Ulrich Hasecke' via pandoc-discuss <

@ 2022-02-08  9:48               ` denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0
       [not found]                 ` <fac3bed6f8084cb0ad55df3f7647d62c-NSENcxR/0n0@public.gmane.org>
From: denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0 @ 2022-02-08  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

If I understand you correctly, back-links would be 1:n wouldn't they, and therefore more challenging (how would they be represented?).

Biblatex has support for backlinks so that might serve as an example. Biblatex adds links to the pages where a given reference was cited, so the whole things looks a bit like an index. Obviously, that makes sense with page-centric output (PDF), but not so much if your target is HTML.

Denis

* Re: AW: Clickable citation links
       [not found]                 ` <fac3bed6f8084cb0ad55df3f7647d62c-NSENcxR/0n0@public.gmane.org>
@ 2022-02-08 21:32                   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]                     ` <yh480kee4dm4cw.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2022-02-08 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0, pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I sent a complete backlinks filter to this list a week ago:

https://groups.google.com/g/pandoc-discuss/c/qPiuWTKQLp8/m/TlsWzKrOAAAJ

@ 2022-02-09 11:12                       ` 'Jan Ulrich Hasecke' via pandoc-discuss
       [not found]                         ` <a4377868-b5db-16df-32bf-2e96856d5738-cl+VPiYnx/1AfugRpC6u6w@public.gmane.org>
From: 'Jan Ulrich Hasecke' via pandoc-discuss @ 2022-02-09 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Am 08.02.22 um 22:32 schrieb John MacFarlane:

> I sent a complete backlinks filter to this list a week ago:
>
> https://groups.google.com/g/pandoc-discuss/c/qPiuWTKQLp8/m/TlsWzKrOAAAJ

Oh, thanks a lot. I missed that discussion.

Unfortunately I don't get backlink neither with ConTeXt nor with HTML or
EPUB.

This is my settings file:

--from=markdown
--to=html
--standalone
--template=../../control/default/html/template.html
--section-divs
--lua-filter=../../control/default/div-context.lua
--top-level-division=chapter
--table-of-contents
--toc-depth=2
--citeproc
--lua-filter=../../control/default/backlinks.lua
--csl=eva-berlin-konferenz.csl
--bibliography=hostsharing.bib

I hope it is safe to use multiple calls to --lua-filter.

@ 2022-02-09 11:23                           ` Bastien DUMONT
From: Bastien DUMONT @ 2022-02-09 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Jan Ulrich Hasecke' via pandoc-discuss

Wherever "if FORMAT == 'latex'" appears, you can add instructions for other formats as well. For instance:

```
local function with_latex_label(s, el)
  if FORMAT == "latex" then
    return {pandoc.RawInline("latex", "\\label{" .. s .. "}"), el}
  elseif FORMAT == "context" then
    return {pandoc.RawInline("context", "\\pagereference[" .. s .. "]"), el}
  else
    return {el}
  end
end
```

@ 2022-02-09 11:33                             ` denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0
From: denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0 @ 2022-02-09 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Yes, but it should actually work out of the box even with context. I've got correct backlinks with LaTeX, ConTeXt and HTML.

```
---