I was trying to use YAML anchors to avoid some duplication. This works: --- buttons-base: - &home-button label: Home url: 'https://www.example.com' buttons: - *home-button - label: Extra url: 'https://extra.example.com' ... but if I split it into two separate YAML blocks the second block isn't parsed as YAML. (In the real world, I want the first definition, which would define several YAML anchors, to be in a separate shared YAML file.) I'm pretty sure that this is because each YAML block is (in YAML-speak) a separate YAML document, so I should never have expected this to work. If so, perhaps the manual could clarify this? However, just in case there's a way of sharing some context between YAML blocks, I thought I'd mention it here before creating a GH issue. Thanks! -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CAEe_xxhdOH1XXJJ3gZBNz%2B80XZ6XG%3Dh1W9K0qCk2mTModpd9Hg%40mail.gmail.com.