I haven't used chunked html, but did notice this in the manual. Not sure whether this affects you here... *The navigation links can be customized by adjusting the template. By default, a table of contents is included only on the top page. To include it on every page, set the toc variable manually.* https://pandoc.org/MANUAL.html#chunked-html On Mon, 13 Feb 2023 at 11:32, Martin Post wrote: > I’m running Pandoc from a shell script, with multiple passes. The HTML > template I am using here is fairly complex and should be used both for html > and chunkedhtml output. > > In the template, I have placed a navigation in a conditional (simplified > here): > > $-- $if(document-type-chunked)$ > > $-- $endif$ > > In the shell script, I set this meta variable (document-type-chunked): > > pandoc --standalone $(basename $file) --to=chunkedhtml --metadata > document-type-chunked=true --output=${outputname%.*} > > The metadata variable is still true for the first page of the chunked > output (index.html), but not for the remaining chunks, so they get no > navigation. > > Am I making a mistake? > > I realize I could also put conditionals around each single navigation item > ($if(next.url)$), but it would be easier to build complex templates if I > could pass a variable to the template. > > Could this be resolved differently? > > Thank you. > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "pandoc-discuss" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/b8b475d4-9741-41b0-add8-8b057e6e867fn%40googlegroups.com > > . > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CAEe_xxhfNevy%3Dfxs1yvLN3zxVm%3DZ8exGVyXL3s3yNMYm3cCT_A%40mail.gmail.com.