Re this: > Also, I tried to print the value of PANDOC_WRITER_OPTIONS, but wlupton's logging.lua errors on it (bad argument #1 to 'for iterator' (table expected, got light userdata)) I investigated, and parts of the writer options are "light userdata" (I hadn't heard of that). I've committed and merged a fix that will report such items as "". You can now list most of the writer options (just a few colors show as ). I'm not sure whether the use of light userdata is intentional here (this isn't a 3.0 thing; it was already the case in previous versions). Albert? On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 at 21:32, ChrisD wrote: > On 1/19/2023 10:12 AM, John MacFarlane wrote: > > sitemap.json is really for processing with external tools. If you're > using a Lua filter, then you can use the new module > > https://pandoc.org/lua-filters.html#module-pandoc.structure > I started playing with this, but quickly got confused. > > Inside my lua filter, pandoc.structure is nil. Is this available in a > filter, or only in a custom writer? Should I be trying to write a custom > writer rather than a filter? > > Is there an example of getting or using the table of contents? > > Also, I tried to print the value of PANDOC_WRITER_OPTIONS, but wlupton's > logging.lua errors on it (bad argument #1 to 'for iterator' (table > expected, got light userdata)). I the tried the debugging printer I have > used in the past, kikito's inspect.lua, and it reports its value as " > ". How do I access writer_options from a filter (for example, > the toc-depth)? For what it's worth, I can print the value of > PANDOC_READER_OPTIONS. > > Thanks, > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "pandoc-discuss" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/f761231d-87ea-6bfb-38c3-99eb15184263%40intielectronics.com > . > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CAEe_xxiQAz2MVihALKGes6Ai%3DUrOPKgkvGq19ULiLsjBhTuTbQ%40mail.gmail.com.