Re this: > Ok, I probably missed in the Pandoc citeproc doc that doesn't mention that supports only MD, so I thought it would work for all formats with pattern @test. The @test citation syntax is defined under the citations extension (with target 'extension-citations'). This is within the 'Pandoc's Markdown' section and so perhaps applies only to markdown. However, there's another citations extension (with target 'org-citations') in the 'Extensions -> Other extensions' section, and this describes its usage within org and docx documents. This little shell script illustrates that the 'citations' extension is supported for docx, ipynb, jats, markdown (+variants), opml and org, and is enabled by default for markdown, opml and org. % for i in $(pandoc --list-input-formats); do echo -n $i:; pandoc --list-extensions=$i | grep citations || echo; done | grep ':.citations' docx:-citations ipynb:-citations markdown:+citations markdown_github:-citations markdown_mmd:-citations markdown_phpextra:-citations markdown_strict:-citations opml:+citations org:+citations So I think that (not surprisingly?) the 'citations' syntax supported by a given input format (if supported) is a function of that input format. The supported format is clear for markdown (+variants?), org and docx but perhaps not for ipynb and opml. I think that it might be useful to clarify some of this in the man page? Please let me know if I should create an issue. On Tue, 8 Nov 2022 at 08:21, Albert Krewinkel wrote: > > Mladen Babic writes: > > > What I actually want to do is when the user uploads the DOCX file, > > Pandoc converts the file to HTML and shows it to the HTML editor for > > additional editing by the user and converts it back to DOCX. > > After converting to Html, the system (my app) will replace current > > cites in HTML cite i.e. [1] with the key from the .bib file (like in > > my case [@test1] so the citeproc will know how to process it. > > That's an interesting use case. I don't have any immediate ideas; going > via Markdown might be the best option. > > But please make sure to also checkout [OS-APS], an open-source > project that uses pandoc for some of the document conversions. Going > from your description it sounds like it could be exactly what you need. > I've added Frederik from that org to CC, he may be able give more info. > > [OS-APS]: https://os-aps.de > > -- > Albert Krewinkel > GPG: 8eed e3e2 e8c5 6f18 81fe e836 388d c0b2 1f63 1124 > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "pandoc-discuss" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/87r0ydoo0n.fsf%40zeitkraut.de > . > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CAEe_xxizCtYTk_m5ROjitBB9WPxivF3rKdmk2vOFqEdZBtLX0Q%40mail.gmail.com.