From: William Lupton <wlupton-QSt+ys/nuMyEUIsrzH9SikB+6BGkLq7r@public.gmane.org>
To: pandoc-discuss <pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: Help with a filter converting citations to sidenotes
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 18:38:47 +0100	[thread overview]

Just a thought, but perhaps also attach the HTML5 (or fragment thereof),
just in case some CSS magic is inadvertently hiding part of the citation.
The actual generated HTML (and the classes used) will I think be quite a
strong function of the corresponding CSL.

This might be completely the wrong tree (to bark up) but I am using a very
simple CSL style with display set to "left-margin" and it generates HTML
like this for each citation. As you can see, the citation number (which you
do see in your output) is in a separate div with a different CSS class.

2119, <em>Key words for use in RFCs to Indicate Requirement Levels</em>,
IETF, 1997, <a href="https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2119">
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2119</a></div>