* filename variable
@ 2022-07-25  8:10 'juh' via pandoc-discuss
From: 'juh' via pandoc-discuss @ 2022-07-25  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

this is a very silly question but I don't find the answer in the
documentation.

Is there a filename variable that can be accessed in the templates?

I have two output files: html and pdf.

Can I do something like this in the output html?

I know that I can set a metadata variable in the yaml part of the input
file, but I would like to avoid manual setting.

juh

--
Autoren-Homepage: ......... http://literatur.hasecke.com
Satiren & Essays: ......... http://www.sudelbuch.de

* Re: filename variable
@ 2022-07-25  8:43 ` William Lupton
       [not found]   ` <CAEe_xxjZ8wNK068AP-gtieFKk+5iD1b4BLJ7iS6WuG8o-667tA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: William Lupton @ 2022-07-25  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I'm not sure if there's an existing template variable for this (I don't see
one) but I think that this lua filter will work:

function Pandoc(pandoc)
  pandoc.meta.output_file = PANDOC_STATE.output_file
  return pandoc
end

On Mon, 25 Jul 2022 at 09:11, 'juh' via pandoc-discuss <
pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> this is a very silly question but I don't find the answer in the
> documentation.
>
> Is there a filename variable that can be accessed in the templates?
>
> I have two output files: html and pdf.
>
> Can I do something like this in the output html?

> I know that I can set a metadata variable in the yaml part of the input
> file, but I would like to avoid manual setting.
>
> juh
>
> --
> Autoren-Homepage: ......... http://literatur.hasecke.com
> Satiren & Essays: ......... http://www.sudelbuch.de
> Privater Blog: ............ http://www.hasecke.eu
> Netzliteratur-Projekt: .... http://www.generationenprojekt.de
>

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/Yt5QDs//8XSpI776%40odysseus
> .

* Re: filename variable
       [not found]   ` <CAEe_xxjZ8wNK068AP-gtieFKk+5iD1b4BLJ7iS6WuG8o-667tA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2022-07-25 12:33     ` 'Jan Ulrich Hasecke' via pandoc-discuss
       [not found]       ` <e0252aa7-3e87-6381-a1a9-4f67acf7fbce-cl+VPiYnx/1AfugRpC6u6w@public.gmane.org>
From: 'Jan Ulrich Hasecke' via pandoc-discuss @ 2022-07-25 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Am 25.07.22 um 10:43 schrieb William Lupton:
> function Pandoc(pandoc)
>    pandoc.meta.output_file = PANDOC_STATE.output_file
>    return pandoc
> end

Thanks a lot.

I tried to strip the extension like this:

function Pandoc(pandoc)
   pandoc.meta.output_file = PANDOC_STATE.output_file:sub(0, - 5)
   return pandoc
end

But this only works with a three character extension.

I guess it should be easy to strip everything after the colon with
regexp, if one is not a regexp illiterate like me.

juh

* Re: filename variable
       [not found]       ` <e0252aa7-3e87-6381-a1a9-4f67acf7fbce-cl+VPiYnx/1AfugRpC6u6w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2022-07-25 12:55         ` William Lupton
       [not found]           ` <CAEe_xxjdkVBoGTUXRPUgnGXEYAf0JZbAabEWjr=wNGq6joD4wg-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: William Lupton @ 2022-07-25 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

something like this perhaps?

local name = file:gsub('%.[a-z]*$', '')

On Mon, 25 Jul 2022 at 13:33, 'Jan Ulrich Hasecke' via pandoc-discuss <
pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Am 25.07.22 um 10:43 schrieb William Lupton:
> > function Pandoc(pandoc)
> >    pandoc.meta.output_file = PANDOC_STATE.output_file
> >    return pandoc
> > end
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> I tried to strip the extension like this:
>
> function Pandoc(pandoc)
>    pandoc.meta.output_file = PANDOC_STATE.output_file:sub(0, - 5)
>    return pandoc
> end
>
> But this only works with a three character extension.
>
> I guess it should be easy to strip everything after the colon with
> regexp, if one is not a regexp illiterate like me.
>
> juh
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/e0252aa7-3e87-6381-a1a9-4f67acf7fbce%40mailbox.org
> .

* Re: filename variable
       [not found]           ` <CAEe_xxjdkVBoGTUXRPUgnGXEYAf0JZbAabEWjr=wNGq6joD4wg-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2022-07-25 12:57             ` William Lupton
       [not found]               ` <CAEe_xxgM8dPsst5ceKWDfhb0BrR4gNVHC+=ZFTatRHtqrfiG3Q-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: William Lupton @ 2022-07-25 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

(perhaps also allow digits in the extension, or anything other than dots)

but no there's a better way; see
https://pandoc.org/lua-filters.html#pandoc.path.split_extension

On Mon, 25 Jul 2022 at 13:55, William Lupton <wlupton-QSt+ys/nuMyEUIsrzH9SikB+6BGkLq7r@public.gmane.org>
wrote:

> something like this perhaps?
>
> local name = file:gsub('%.[a-z]*$', '')
>
> On Mon, 25 Jul 2022 at 13:33, 'Jan Ulrich Hasecke' via pandoc-discuss <
> pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
>> Am 25.07.22 um 10:43 schrieb William Lupton:
>> > function Pandoc(pandoc)
>> >    pandoc.meta.output_file = PANDOC_STATE.output_file
>> >    return pandoc
>> > end
>>
>> Thanks a lot.
>>
>> I tried to strip the extension like this:
>>
>> function Pandoc(pandoc)
>>    pandoc.meta.output_file = PANDOC_STATE.output_file:sub(0, - 5)
>>    return pandoc
>> end
>>
>> But this only works with a three character extension.
>>
>> I guess it should be easy to strip everything after the colon with
>> regexp, if one is not a regexp illiterate like me.
>>
>> juh
>>
>> --
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/e0252aa7-3e87-6381-a1a9-4f67acf7fbce%40mailbox.org
>> .

* Re: filename variable
@ 2022-07-25 15:05                 ` 'Jan Ulrich Hasecke' via pandoc-discuss
From: 'Jan Ulrich Hasecke' via pandoc-discuss @ 2022-07-25 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Dear William,

Am 25.07.22 um 14:57 schrieb William Lupton:
> (perhaps also allow digits in the extension, or anything other than dots)

thanks a lot for this code snippet. It works.

> but no there's a better way; see
> https://pandoc.org/lua-filters.html#pandoc.path.split_extension
> <https://pandoc.org/lua-filters.html#pandoc.path.split_extension>

I found this in the documentation but cannot apply this. I'll dig deeper
into Lua.

juh

* Re: filename variable
@ 2022-07-25 15:56 ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]   ` <BC4CAE33-E18F-405C-A6E5-C13D04542B3C-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2022-07-25 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

The outputfile variable is set automatically and you can use it in your template.

However, you can't substitute the extension in the template itself; for that you need a filter.

> On Jul 25, 2022, at 1:10 AM, 'juh' via pandoc-discuss <pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> this is a very silly question but I don't find the answer in the
> documentation.
>
> Is there a filename variable that can be accessed in the templates?
>
> I have two output files: html and pdf.
>
> Can I do something like this in the output html?

> I know that I can set a metadata variable in the yaml part of the input
> file, but I would like to avoid manual setting.
>
> juh
>
> --
> Autoren-Homepage: ......... http://literatur.hasecke.com
> Satiren & Essays: ......... http://www.sudelbuch.de