Hi Joseph, yes, Pandoc readers and writers for the gift format would be great. Mahatma Gandhi's birthday is an Indian holiday on {~15th~3rd=2nd} of October. This would translate to HTML to something like this:
This seems rather straight forward. But what about the server side? In this case, the server would receive "Q1=Q1R1" if you select the first answer. The server needs to be configured with the gift file, but I suppose this is a different process. On Mon, Nov 22, 2021 at 2:59 PM Joseph Reagle wrote: > I hadn't encountered GIFT before, neat! You'd have to write custom readers > and writers for pandoc to handle this. > > https://pandoc.org/MANUAL.html#custom-readers-and-writers > > Otherwise, if you have a GIFT tool, you could simply include the resulting > HTML in the markdown -- there's no markdown convention for forms. > > A dream feature of mine would be able to write quiz/polls in my > markdown-to-revealjs slides, and not have to set up my own server -- which > the revealjs poll plugin currently requires. Embedding some of the question > services out there would be awesome and possible, but I don't think there's > been interest on the revealjs sde. > > https://github.com/hakimel/reveal.js/issues/2763 > > Then, being able to write questions/answers in a text format would be > icing on the cake. 🙂 > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "pandoc-discuss" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/50c6262d-38a9-7f4b-95c2-3fd26edcd5d2%40reagle.org > . > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CAEyhvmq9MOQC0Y7Yd5%3DhOj7cMW0kt7GDFMe%2Bkz5qAW4r5eaoRA%40mail.gmail.com.