* R-pandoc
@ 2015-09-06 17:37 Corentin Dupont
       [not found] ` <0055deaa-9293-4ca7-858e-aed844689b21-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Corentin Dupont @ 2015-09-06 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hi guys,
I just wanted to let you know that I started to realize a Pandoc filter to
insert R plots in markdown:
https://github.com/cdupont/R-pandoc

I hope it doesn't exist already!! I couldn't find one with Google.
I know about Rmarkdown, but it didn't fit my needs because I wanted to
combine the filter with other ones.

Best,
Corentin

* Re: R-pandoc
       [not found] ` <0055deaa-9293-4ca7-858e-aed844689b21-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2015-09-06 17:52   ` Francesco Ariis
From: Francesco Ariis @ 2015-09-06 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

On Sun, Sep 06, 2015 at 10:37:27AM -0700, Corentin Dupont wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I just wanted to let you know that I started to realize a Pandoc filter to
> insert R plots in markdown:
> https://github.com/cdupont/R-pandoc

Great news, I'd find this useful!

* R-pandoc
       [not found] ` <0055deaa-9293-4ca7-858e-aed844689b21-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2015-09-07 14:52   ` Bill Evans
       [not found]     ` <13514e84-636b-40bb-a3ea-2c608e3ed8b5-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Bill Evans @ 2015-09-07 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

It sounds good, but what would push me to use this filter in place of R-markdown and the `knitr` package?

One thought I had is to make the knitr process not necessarily dependent on R, meaning this could be a language-agnostic filter. Perhaps it could be extended to also with with textual output such as tables or just console output. A next step could be to make the script interpreter an argument of the code block.

(By the way, knitr also deals with multiple languages. The bigger justification I can see for using your package is if I want capabilities of a scripting language in the .md file and do not have R available, but that assumes language-agnosticism.)

Cool work.

~Bill

* Re: R-pandoc
       [not found]     ` <13514e84-636b-40bb-a3ea-2c608e3ed8b5-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>