* Looking for filters
       [not found]                             ` <CAFC_yuRpLZb2MZnwbW-Wpsu-FwErUF6yD05HqqLU1EDR7aB-2g-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2016-11-20 12:09                               ` BP Jonsson
       [not found]                                 ` <CAFC_yuTi1=1xHxKf7CaFkf15MEhA60KQ9xpLFtXP_T85jOh=sQ@mail.gmail.com>
       [not found]                                 ` <CAFC_yuQR6ZKYOrKq-ktbG9kk_F70pejvYWV7jH-UjRyk6EFkJw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: BP Jonsson @ 2016-11-20 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Have I understood it correctly that pandoc now looks for filters in `.`, `
$DATADIR/filters` and `$PATH` in that order?
Will something like `-F foobar/myfilter.ext` find `
$DATADIR/filters/foobar/myfilter.ext`?

I wonder what you think about automatically looking in `./filters` and in
subdirectories of ` $DATADIR/filters` as well, especially the latter. That
way one could clone repositories containing filters to ` $DATADIR/filters`
and then just specify the filter filename on the command line.

/bpj

* Re: Looking for filters
       [not found]                                       ` <CAFC_yuTHSp44g0N29aunLwUdfKzNAHyTCz6hCG5vrWa2byPy=w@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2016-11-20 12:16                                         ` BP Jonsson
       [not found]                                           ` <CAFC_yuTf-tsU84qeEfp2EE8jHpow2tpgy=1ehn+CgTn3EksRng-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: BP Jonsson @ 2016-11-20 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

A follow-up: the changelog says:

> if the extension is .hs, .php, .pl, .js, or .rb, pandoc will run the
right interpreter.

1) I guess `.py` and perhaps `.py3` are missing from that list?

2) Excuse my ignorance but what are the interpreter names for `.hs`,
`.php`, and `.js`?

@ 2016-11-20 19:31                                             ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2016-11-20 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

+++ BP Jonsson [Nov 20 16 13:16 ]:
>   A follow-up: the changelog says:
>
>   > if the extension is .hs, .php, .pl, .js, or .rb, pandoc will run the
>   right interpreter.
>
>   1) I guess `.py` and perhaps `.py3` are missing from that list?

Certainly .py is missing from the description here.  We've
never supported .py3 as an extension.

>   2) Excuse my ignorance but what are the interpreter names for `.hs`,
>   `.php`, and `.js`?

runhaskell, php, node.

* Re: Looking for filters
@ 2016-11-20 19:32                                   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]                                     ` <20161120193216.GC94089-l/d5Ua9yGnxXsXJlQylH7w@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2016-11-20 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Not wild about the idea, partly because I like keeping
things simple, and partly because this sort of open-ended path-searching
seems very non-standard.  (It would also cause problems if
you had a filter with the same name in two different
subdirectories.)

+++ BP Jonsson [Nov 20 16 13:09 ]:
>   I wonder what you think about automatically looking in `./filters` and
>   in subdirectories of ` $DATADIR/filters` as well, especially the
>   latter. That way one could clone repositories containing filters to `
>   $DATADIR/filters` and then just specify the filter filename on the
>   command line.
>
>   /bpj
>
>   --
>   To view this discussion on the web visit
>   [3]https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CAFC_yuQR6ZKYOrKq-k
>   tbG9kk_F70pejvYWV7jH-UjRyk6EFkJw%40mail.gmail.com.
>
>References

>   2. mailto:pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org
>   3. https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CAFC_yuQR6ZKYOrKq-ktbG9kk_F70pejvYWV7jH-UjRyk6EFkJw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
>   4. https://groups.google.com/d/optout

* Re: Looking for filters
       [not found]                                     ` <20161120193216.GC94089-l/d5Ua9yGnxXsXJlQylH7w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2016-11-20 21:41                                       ` BP Jonsson
       [not found]                                         ` <fde923cf-6a70-2422-6b5f-d459c850be2f-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: BP Jonsson @ 2016-11-20 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Would you at least consider making it so that `-F foo/bar` will
find `$DATA_DIR/filters/foo/bar`? As far as I can tell it doesn't
do that currently.

Den 2016-11-20 kl. 20:32, skrev John MacFarlane:
> Not wild about the idea, partly because I like keeping
> things simple, and partly because this sort of open-ended
> path-searching
> seems very non-standard.  (It would also cause problems if
> you had a filter with the same name in two different
> subdirectories.)
>
> +++ BP Jonsson [Nov 20 16 13:09 ]:
>>   I wonder what you think about automatically looking in
>> `./filters` and
>>   in subdirectories of ` $DATADIR/filters` as well, especially the
>>   latter. That way one could clone repositories containing
>> filters to `
>>   $DATADIR/filters` and then just specify the filter filename on
>> the
>>   command line.
>>
>>   /bpj

* Re: Looking for filters
@ 2016-11-21 14:37                                           ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]                                             ` <20161121143707.GA2473-BKjuZOBx5Kn2N3qrpRCZGbhGAdq7xJNKhPhL2mjWHbk@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2016-11-21 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Yes. I've just pushed a commit that allows this.

+++ BP Jonsson [Nov 20 16 22:41 ]:
>Would you at least consider making it so that `-F foo/bar` will find
>`$DATA_DIR/filters/foo/bar`? As far as I can tell it doesn't do that
>currently.
>
>Den 2016-11-20 kl. 20:32, skrev John MacFarlane:
>>Not wild about the idea, partly because I like keeping
>>things simple, and partly because this sort of open-ended
>>path-searching
>>seems very non-standard.  (It would also cause problems if
>>you had a filter with the same name in two different
>>subdirectories.)
>>
>>+++ BP Jonsson [Nov 20 16 13:09 ]:
>>>  I wonder what you think about automatically looking in
>>>`./filters` and
>>>  in subdirectories of ` $DATADIR/filters` as well, especially the
>>>  latter. That way one could clone repositories containing
>>>filters to `
>>>  $DATADIR/filters` and then just specify the filter filename on
>>>the
>>>  command line.
>>>
>>>  /bpj
>
>--