I think the color name needs to be capitalized: "Maroon" and not "maroon". I do that error rather often. /bpj Den 8 feb 2017 12:59 skrev "'Norman Dunbar' via pandoc-discuss" < pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>: Good Morning all, I have searched the archives for a solution, I've read the user guide and googled for help, but to no avail I'm afraid. My system is as follows: - Pandoc version 1.19.1 on Windows 7 64 bit. - MiKTeX version 2.9 installed (for pdflatex, latex etc) When I attempt to run the following command, to convert Markdown to PDF, I get an illegal color message: pandoc -f markdown -o README.pdf README.md --variable papersize=a4 --toc --variable urlcolor=maroon The error displayed is: ! LaTeX Error: Undefined color `maroon'. See the LaTeX manual or LaTeX Companion for explanation. Type H for immediate help. ... l.152 ...ps://github.com/NormanDunbar/TraceMiner2} pandoc: Error producing PDF I tried with all the standard colours mentioned on the page https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/LaTeX/Colors#Predefined_colors as linked from the Pandoc manual, and only the following (in lowercase) will work: - Black - Blue - Cyan - Green - Red - White - Yellow But the manual states that all of the ones listed will work. All of the following give the same errors as above: - Brown - Darkgray - Gray - LightGray - Lime - Olive - Orange - Pink - Purple - Teal - Violet And I am using the colour names in lower case each time, but I've tried upper case, mixed case, wrapped in double quotes, single quotes - nothing appears to have worked. Appreciate any help, especially pointers to whatever I have missed out there on the WWW. Thanks. Cheers, Norm. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/ msgid/pandoc-discuss/fc5baadd-1fef-4935-9909-f7fddd8f1baf%40googlegroups.com . For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CAFC_yuRpBHfHkHzTMjd4w-oCUrb594Fb0eV%2BhkMzc7m-BbT8jw%40mail.gmail.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.