* Removing / Stopping creation of blank pages after the cover, and after the title.
@ 2018-12-17 16:43 newbury954-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w
       [not found] ` <d969e165-6288-47b6-8e4d-c62fa2ae75f6-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: newbury954-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w @ 2018-12-17 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I am new to pandoc after using calibre's ebook-convert for some time.  I am
amazed at the increased speed. And I am thankful that now my epubs pass
epubcheck without spewing pages of errors!

I am creating epubs from html. Two annoying things I wish to avoid.

1) Pandoc creates a blank page after the cover, and another blank page
after the 'title', so that the actual foreword page (which I want to be
page *2*) is page *4*.

I cannot see from the code where/how these forced page entries are inserted.

2) On the other hand,  pandoc ignores a inserted " <div style=
"page-break-before:always;"></div>" directive at the end of the foreword
page and flows the main text body (ie: what would be Chapter 1 in a novel)
directly after the last text of the foreword.

Can anyone help?

* Re: Removing / Stopping creation of blank pages after the cover, and after the title.
       [not found] ` <d969e165-6288-47b6-8e4d-c62fa2ae75f6-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2018-12-19 16:26   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <m28t0lpjog.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2018-12-19 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: newbury954-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w, pandoc-discuss

Could you post a minimal example?  (Minimal markdown
file that generates an epub with the features you wish
to avoid, so we can see them.)

@ 2018-12-23 20:38       ` BP Jonsson
From: BP Jonsson @ 2018-12-23 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss; +Cc: newbury954-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w