* Escaping a character is dropped during convertation from md to dokuwiki
@ 2015-10-01  6:28 vlad.mayakovski-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w
       [not found] ` <a2829e58-5f40-4b91-b0de-5687316e6efe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: vlad.mayakovski-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w @ 2015-10-01  6:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hello everyone,

Thank you for such a nice and open source tool, it's very helpful for me!
I'm sorry if my I'm wrong and just wasting your time (however please
consider I've also spent ~15 minutes to create this post^^) - I'm new both
to markdown and pandoc.

*Input (markdown file's content):*
And, finally, you need to ignore the files from that packages that were
installed to $RPM\_BUILD\_ROOT - add on the top of spec file:

*Converting command:*
> pandoc -f markdown -t dokuwiki Test.mkd -o Test

*Output (dokuwiki):*
And, finally, you need to ignore the files from that packages that were
installed to $RPM_BUILD_ROOT - add on the top of spec file:

So, underscore character is not escaped..

*Versions:*
>ver
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]

>pandoc -v
pandoc 1.15.0.6

Please don't hesitate asking an additional information if needed. Thank you.

* Re: Escaping a character is dropped during convertation from md to dokuwiki
       [not found] ` <a2829e58-5f40-4b91-b0de-5687316e6efe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2015-10-03 18:55   ` John Muccigrosso
From: John Muccigrosso @ 2015-10-03 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

What's happening is that pandoc is gobbling up the backslash as its own
escape character.

So if you want the backslashes to stick around (if I understand you
correctly), just escape the backslash instead of the underscore:

@ 2015-10-03 23:39   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <20151003233937.GC53129-jF64zX8BO08aTFSqC7bH4WZHpeb/A1Y/@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2015-10-03 23:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

If underscores need to be escaped in dokuwiki (because they
have special meaning), then I suggest adding an issue to the
issue tracker explaining this.

Note that things that are escaped in an input format need
not always be escaped in an output format, so this is really
an issue about the dokuwiki writer.

+++ vlad.mayakovski-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org [Sep 30 15 23:28 ]:

@ 2015-11-06  9:09       ` Eduard Egorov
From: Eduard Egorov @ 2015-11-06  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)