My version information below: I am using Ubuntu 14.04. $ pandoc -v pandoc 1.12.2.1 Compiled with texmath 0.6.5.2, highlighting-kate 0.5.5.1. Syntax highlighting is supported for the following languages: actionscript, ada, apache, asn1, asp, awk, bash, bibtex, boo, c, changelog, clojure, cmake, coffee, coldfusion, commonlisp, cpp, cs, css, curry, d, diff, djangotemplate, doxygen, doxygenlua, dtd, eiffel, email, erlang, fortran, fsharp, gnuassembler, go, haskell, haxe, html, ini, java, javadoc, javascript, json, jsp, julia, latex, lex, literatecurry, literatehaskell, lua, makefile, mandoc, markdown, matlab, maxima, metafont, mips, modelines, modula2, modula3, monobasic, nasm, noweb, objectivec, objectivecpp, ocaml, octave, pascal, perl, php, pike, postscript, prolog, python, r, relaxngcompact, rhtml, roff, ruby, rust, scala, scheme, sci, sed, sgml, sql, sqlmysql, sqlpostgresql, tcl, texinfo, verilog, vhdl, xml, xorg, xslt, xul, yacc, yaml Default user data directory: /home/farhan/.pandoc Copyright (C) 2006-2013 John MacFarlane Web: http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is no warranty, not even for merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 7:05 AM, Jesse Rosenthal wrote: > > Hi, > > Farhan writes: > > > Sorry to answer my own question, but a few hours of Googling for me the > > answer. You can use the tool unoconv to accomplish this task: > > > > unoconv --stdout -f html test.docx | pandoc -f html -t markdown -o > test.md > > > > Hope this helps the next guy! > > That still seems weird -- are you sure you're using a pandoc version > that actually supports reading docx? > > What's the output of `pandoc -v`? > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CAFd4kYAczfd6tfWYJBiJm47itpRzZQ6fY-B3y7k252N1Q11SZQ%40mail.gmail.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.