From: Scot Mcphee <scot.mcphee-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org
Subject: Re: Examples of Pandoc MD-formatted Academic Papers
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 10:26:50 +1000	[thread overview]

I've recently started using Pandoc to write academic papers (also my
thesis!) after years of doing Scrivener->MMD->LaTeX.

However my first paper I can't show it to you until I get it into shape and
submitted for publication. This publication requires references in
footnotes (using a note format rather than Author:Date).. Personally rather
than trying to get my head around a CSL that inserts the footnote when
encountering the [@reference] I just did this.[^fn1]

[^fn1]: [@reference]

This seems to work just fine for me. I use the biblatex option and a .bib
file to compile - the journal's target format is MS Word, so I've not tried
this to LaTeX and PDF as yet. My research is not in the sciences so most
journals expect Ms Word or similar, a primary reason I switched away from
Scrivener/MMD/LaTeX to Pandoc. I also decided, as a former programmer, I
preferred to write directly in a plain text format.

Scot

*Scot Mcphee. *
*Computer programmer. Classics PhD. Trouble-maker. Problem-solver.*
p 0412957414
e scot.mcphee-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org
let x=x http://crazymcphee.net/x/
inlustre monumentum est http://inlustre.net/