* CSL - Roman numbers
@ 2017-12-16 22:57 Guido Milanese
       [not found] ` <e95f905a-deb0-4a5d-8322-270d5604f8a4-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Guido Milanese @ 2017-12-16 22:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I am using Pandoc Markdown for most of my work and I am very grateful! I
generally convert my articles to LaTeX and run biblatex + biber for
references, and it's all right.
For a publisher requiring MsWord, I was trying to use citeproc, customising
a CSL file very similar to the requirement of my publisher.

Question: is it possible to print journal numbers in Roman digits, such as:

«Journal of Everything Else», XL, 1998, pp. 34-56

I was not able to find anything like that in the CSL examples. Of course I
can use LaTeX as usuale and convert to Word via ODT, but I was interested
in experimenting a "shorter way".

Thank you for your attention and for Pandoc, an incredibly useful tool.
Guido, from Northern Italy

* Re: CSL - Roman numbers
       [not found] ` <e95f905a-deb0-4a5d-8322-270d5604f8a4-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-12-17  7:19   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <20171217071943.GA19715-9Rnp8PDaXcadBw3G0RLmbRFnWt+6NQIA@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2017-12-17  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I believe you can put a form="roman" attribute on the "number"
element in your CSL file.

+++ Guido Milanese [Dec 16 17 14:57 ]:
>   I am using Pandoc Markdown for most of my work and I am very grateful!
>   I generally convert my articles to LaTeX and run biblatex + biber for
>   references, and it's all right.
>   For a publisher requiring MsWord, I was trying to use citeproc,
>   customising a CSL file very similar to the requirement of my
>   publisher.
>   Question: is it possible to print journal numbers in Roman digits, such
>   as:
>   «Journal of Everything Else», XL, 1998, pp. 34-56
>   I was not able to find anything like that in the CSL examples. Of
>   course I can use LaTeX as usuale and convert to Word via ODT, but I was
>   interested in experimenting a "shorter way".
>   Thank you for your attention and for Pandoc, an incredibly useful tool.
>   Guido, from Northern Italy
>
>   --
>   To view this discussion on the web visit
>   [3]https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/e95f905a-deb0-4a5d-
>   8322-270d5604f8a4%40googlegroups.com.
>
>References

>   2. mailto:pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org
>   3. https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/e95f905a-deb0-4a5d-8322-270d5604f8a4-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
>   4. https://groups.google.com/d/optout

* Re: CSL - Roman numbers
       [not found]     ` <20171217071943.GA19715-9Rnp8PDaXcadBw3G0RLmbRFnWt+6NQIA@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-12-17 10:31       ` Guido Milanese
       [not found]         ` <4dc4de2f-6f19-4802-b827-c718237f4c51-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Guido Milanese @ 2017-12-17 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Thank you. Indeed, I had already tried, but to no success. I did it
"manually" because in the online form to generate formats the "roman"
option is not even listed in the options. I'll investigate better. Thank
yuo!

gm

@ 2017-12-17 16:46           ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]             ` <20171217164624.GA22444-9Rnp8PDaXcadBw3G0RLmbRFnWt+6NQIA@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2017-12-17 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Looking through the style repository, I see plenty of csl
styles that do this: e.g.,

universita-di-bologna-lettere.csl
308:            <number variable="volume" form="roman"/>

university-of-new-england-australia-note.csl
289:            <number variable="volume" form="roman"/>

university-of-york-mhra.csl
278:            <number variable="volume" form="roman" font-variant="small-caps"/>

Perhaps looking at these examples could help?

+++ Guido Milanese [Dec 17 17 02:31 ]:

* Re: CSL - Roman numbers
       [not found]             ` <20171217164624.GA22444-9Rnp8PDaXcadBw3G0RLmbRFnWt+6NQIA@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-12-18  8:18               ` Guido Milanese