* Making a Table in a python filter
@ 2020-11-27 13:14 Thomas Hodgson
       [not found] ` <398d2024-9d0a-4921-a03c-d8ae60c161edn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Thomas Hodgson @ 2020-11-27 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I have been playing with a python filter which will take code blocks
containing logical formulae, e.g., ('P and Q') and produce a truth table. I
have done this for LaTeX output. I use the truth-table-generator python
package to create the LaTeX table, and then the filter returns a RawBlock
with that LaTeX code.

The python package will also return tables in Markdown. Is there a simple
way for the filter to turn that Markdown string into a Pandoc Table object?
The filter could then return the Table, and it would then work for any
output format.

I see in principle how I could write a function that takes a string a
returns a table. But it seems to me that it's likely that somebody has
already done this.