* Formatting TOC
@ 2021-02-03  5:37 Alan Tyree
       [not found] ` <CAGMsgMwAMvxrQ7+5U-Vex7o8_Vbn8caPTUELs+2sYbM-P8ENNw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Alan Tyree @ 2021-02-03  5:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I am helping a friend produce a recipe collection in html. Using
toc-depth:2, I sort of expected the Table of Contents to have h2 referenced
elements indented. Of course, they are not, and the generated <li> don't
seem to have a 'handle' to get a css grip on.

The "flat" toc is really quite ugly.

Any clues?
Thanks,
Alan

* Re: Formatting TOC
       [not found] ` <CAGMsgMwAMvxrQ7+5U-Vex7o8_Vbn8caPTUELs+2sYbM-P8ENNw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-02-03  7:17   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <m2sg6dfwme.fsf-jF64zX8BO08an7k8zZ43ob9bIa4KchGshsV+eolpW18@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-02-03  7:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Tyree, pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

It should be pretty straightforward to create CSS for the
TOC that indents the list items relative to the container.
You don't need any special classes for that.

Alan Tyree <alantyree-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:

> I am helping a friend produce a recipe collection in html. Using
> toc-depth:2, I sort of expected the Table of Contents to have h2 referenced
> elements indented. Of course, they are not, and the generated <li> don't
> seem to have a 'handle' to get a css grip on.
>
> The "flat" toc is really quite ugly.
>
> Any clues?
> Thanks,
> Alan
>
> --
> Alan L Tyree                    http://www2.austlii.edu.au/~alan
>
> --

* Re: Formatting TOC
       [not found]     ` <m2sg6dfwme.fsf-jF64zX8BO08an7k8zZ43ob9bIa4KchGshsV+eolpW18@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-02-03  7:51       ` Alan Tyree
       [not found]         ` <CAGMsgMw5FW=VuuDDOgVkuvRbpo=k4B=CA6AO5NQexJBsbzD4WA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Alan Tyree @ 2021-02-03  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Don't think I was clear. Now I have:

   Hummus Recipes
   Traditional Hummus
    Lazy Hummus

What I want is:

   Hummus Recipes
        Traditional Hummus
         Lazy Hummus

In other words, Level 2 entries should be indented, Level 1 not. The HTML
generated is all just a series of <li>s.
Am I missing something?
Thanks,
Alan

On Wed, 3 Feb 2021 at 18:18, John MacFarlane <jgm-TVLZxgkOlNX2fBVCVOL8/A@public.gmane.org> wrote:

> It should be pretty straightforward to create CSS for the
> TOC that indents the list items relative to the container.
> You don't need any special classes for that.
>
> Alan Tyree <alantyree-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:
>
> > I am helping a friend produce a recipe collection in html. Using
> > toc-depth:2, I sort of expected the Table of Contents to have h2
> referenced
> > elements indented. Of course, they are not, and the generated <li> don't
> > seem to have a 'handle' to get a css grip on.
> >
> > The "flat" toc is really quite ugly.
> >
> > Any clues?
> > Thanks,
> > Alan