Will it be possible to control when citation processing happens relative to filters? Earlier in this thread, I saw that mancite could be emulated by running a filter after pandoc-citeproc. I can imagine other people might want to generate citations in a filter and have them processed. On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 8:16 PM John MacFarlane wrote: > > > Progress report: > > > > I have put the library at jgm/citeproc on GitHub. It still > > doesn't pass all the CSL tests, and it needs some work, but I > > think it's already quite a bit better than pandoc-citeproc. > > > > I've also been working on a version of pandoc that integrates the > > library (so that pandoc-citeproc won't be needed). That work is > > happening in the citeproc branch at jgm/pandoc. When I get a bit > > farther, I'll make a binary available so people can try it out. > > > > Citation processing will happen automatically if your document > > contains `bibliography` or `references` in the metadata, or if > > you use `--bibliography` on the command line. > > > > This is _much_ faster than using pandoc-citeproc. > > > > The pandoc-citeproc executable could also be used to convert > > between bibliographic formats. I'm planning to integrate that > > capability into pandoc, too. So, you can convert a bibtex > > bibliography to CSL json using `pandoc -f bibtex -t csljson`. > > You'll also be able to do, e.g., `pandoc -f bibtex -t html` to > > get a formatted HTML version of your bibliography. > > > > > > Denis Maier writes: > > > > > Am 21.08.2020 um 21:41 schrieb John MacFarlane: > > >>> That sounds amazing. As you know CSL 1.0.2 is about to appear soon, and > > >>> 1.1 is also already pretty advanced. It would be great if it were easy > > >>> to integrate the new features in your library. > > >> Is there a list of changes in CSL 1.0.2 somewhere, so I can see > > >> what will need to be supported when it comes out? > > >> > > > > > > Yeah, there's a summary of changes here: > > > > https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wY1cOOamDYYh8VNW7h_uleqieBDGOa_LYsRiVdQy1RI/edit#heading=h.wsywjzy5t4j6 > > > > > > As you can see it's a terms, types and variables release. That should be > > > trivial to support. (There were some changes to that list due to > > > comments during the comments period so that's not the final list of > > > changes.) > > > > > > 1.1 will be more complex, but we plan to document the new features with > > > a detailled changelog and new tests in the test-suite. > > > > -- > > You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the > Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. > > To unsubscribe from this topic, visit > https://groups.google.com/d/topic/pandoc-discuss/LaPbYbP8GU4/unsubscribe. > > To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to > pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/m2bligt9ra.fsf%40MacBook-Pro.hsd1.ca.comcast.net > . > > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CAGOSsd%3DXs6u6Xup9YugR-zd6FC_29QFs1asEcARA4m2UPts_vQ%40mail.gmail.com.