* pdf preparecolorset error (from "linkcolor" YAML option?)
@ 2021-06-07 18:01 Steve Petersen
       [not found] ` <06f458e4-88ef-4f4f-a9fa-097288944ebbn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Steve Petersen @ 2021-06-07 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hello again marvelous pandoc people,

I recently upgraded to 2.14.0.1, and it seems like my 'linkcolor=blue'
option in YAML no longer works for pdfs from markdown. I get this error:

~~~
Error producing PDF.
! Undefined control sequence.
l.32 \preparecolorset
~~~

I've reproduced this on Mac and linux (both 2.14.0.1). I'm afraid I'm
ignorant enough of the details to have no idea how to fix this - any ideas?
MWE attached.

thanks,
Steve

[-- Attachment #2: link-color-test.text --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 171 bytes --]

---
title: Link colors
author: Steve Petersen
date: 'Last revised: <2021-06-07 13:59:27>'
linkcolor: blue
---

Check out [my website](https://stevepetersen.net) for more.

* Re: pdf preparecolorset error (from "linkcolor" YAML option?)
       [not found] ` <06f458e4-88ef-4f4f-a9fa-097288944ebbn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-06-07 20:03   ` Bastien DUMONT
From: Bastien DUMONT @ 2021-06-07 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I compiled your MWE successfully with 2.14. What is command do you use exactly?

@ 2021-06-07 20:14     ` Steve Petersen
       [not found]       ` <CAGk0Nk9TF8fZes_iF==dVj-xQfF5KFntCNysH45D8TXxRow=9g-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Steve Petersen @ 2021-06-07 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Thanks for trying it Bastien! How odd. I just used `pandoc -o
link-color-test.pdf link-color-test.text` to get the error. That command
works fine when I remove the linkcolor line from the file, but does not
work on my Mac or linux machines when I have the linkcolor line in. Maybe
I'm using old latex or something? It's "kpathsea version 6.2.3" on linux
and "kpathsea version 6.3.2" on the Mac.

Steve

@ 2021-06-07 20:52         ` Bastien DUMONT
From: Bastien DUMONT @ 2021-06-07 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Probably not, I have version 6.3.3. Are you sure that you have xcolor installed?

@ 2021-06-07 21:02         ` Bastien DUMONT
From: Bastien DUMONT @ 2021-06-07 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Please try pandoc -o test.tex link-color-test.text && pdflatex test.tex and look
at the output, it may give you some hints.

@ 2021-06-07 21:17           ` Steve Petersen
       [not found]             ` <CAGk0Nk9XvnBycy7z63jGNebeHnm0D-4m=c=qPGLj0rx33ViPow-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Steve Petersen @ 2021-06-07 21:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Thanks again Bastien. I tried a minimal latex file that works fine with the
"xcolor" package and pdflatex, so xcolor seems to be working as expected.
But when I follow your suggestion, the pdflatex command on the file from
pandoc results in an error that says

~~~
! Undefined control sequence.
l.32 \preparecolorset
                     {rgb}{}{}{%
~~~

I see that the pandoc-generated file wants to pass options for a package
loaded elsewhere, and then has a "\usepackage{xcolor}" line later, but I'm
not sure how that should work. I'll attach the tex file.

Thanks again,
Steve

On Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 5:02 PM Bastien DUMONT <bastien.dumont-VwIFZPTo/vqsTnJN9+BGXg@public.gmane.org>
wrote:

> [...]
> >     > title: Link colors
> >     > author: Steve Petersen
> >     > date: 'Last revised: <2021-06-07 13:59:27>'
> >     > linkcolor: blue
> >     > ---
> >     >
> >     > Check out [my website](https://stevepetersen.net) for more.
> >
> >     --
> >     To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/
> >     pandoc-discuss/YL57m4FGHkmg236a%40localhost.
> >
> > --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/
> > pandoc-discuss/
> > CAGk0Nk9TF8fZes_iF%3D%3DdVj-xQfF5KFntCNysH45D8TXxRow%3D9g%
> 40mail.gmail.com.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/YL6JShMRy5FjxstX%40localhost
> .

[-- Attachment #2: link-color-test.tex --]
[-- Type: text/x-tex, Size: 2044 bytes --]

% Options for packages loaded elsewhere
\PassOptionsToPackage{unicode}{hyperref}
\PassOptionsToPackage{hyphens}{url}
\PassOptionsToPackage{dvipsnames,svgnames,x11names}{xcolor}
%
\documentclass[
]{article}
\title{Link colors}
\author{Steve Petersen}
\date{Last revised: \textless2021-06-07 13:59:27\textgreater{}}

\usepackage{amsmath,amssymb}
\usepackage{lmodern}
\usepackage{iftex}
\ifPDFTeX
  \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
  \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
  \usepackage{textcomp} % provide euro and other symbols
\else % if luatex or xetex
  \usepackage{unicode-math}
  \defaultfontfeatures{Scale=MatchLowercase}
  \defaultfontfeatures[\rmfamily]{Ligatures=TeX,Scale=1}
\fi
% Use upquote if available, for straight quotes in verbatim environments
\IfFileExists{upquote.sty}{\usepackage{upquote}}{}
\IfFileExists{microtype.sty}{% use microtype if available
  \usepackage[]{microtype}
  \UseMicrotypeSet[protrusion]{basicmath} % disable protrusion for tt fonts
}{}
\makeatletter
\@ifundefined{KOMAClassName}{% if non-KOMA class
  \IfFileExists{parskip.sty}{%
    \usepackage{parskip}
  }{% else
    \setlength{\parindent}{0pt}
    \setlength{\parskip}{6pt plus 2pt minus 1pt}}
}{% if KOMA class
  \KOMAoptions{parskip=half}}
\makeatother
\usepackage{xcolor}
\IfFileExists{xurl.sty}{\usepackage{xurl}}{} % add URL line breaks if available
\IfFileExists{bookmark.sty}{\usepackage{bookmark}}{\usepackage{hyperref}}
\hypersetup{
  pdftitle={Link colors},
  pdfauthor={Steve Petersen},
  colorlinks=true,
  linkcolor={blue},
  filecolor={Maroon},
  citecolor={Blue},
  urlcolor={Blue},
  pdfcreator={LaTeX via pandoc}}
\urlstyle{same} % disable monospaced font for URLs
\setlength{\emergencystretch}{3em} % prevent overfull lines
\providecommand{\tightlist}{%
  \setlength{\itemsep}{0pt}\setlength{\parskip}{0pt}}
\setcounter{secnumdepth}{-\maxdimen} % remove section numbering
\ifLuaTeX
  \usepackage{selnolig}  % disable illegal ligatures
\fi

\begin{document}
\maketitle

Check out \href{https://stevepetersen.net}{my website} for more.

\end{document}

@ 2021-06-07 21:57               ` Bastien DUMONT
From: Bastien DUMONT @ 2021-06-07 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Sorry, I can't understand where this preparecolorset comes from. It is not in
the tex file you provided (that compiles fine on my laptop), nor in any auxiliary
file produced by pdflatex...

Does the attached MWE throw the same error?

Le Monday 07 June 2021 à 05:17:25PM, Steve Petersen a écrit :
> [...]

> \usepackage{xcolor}
> \IfFileExists{xurl.sty}{\usepackage{xurl}}{} % add URL line breaks if available
> \IfFileExists{bookmark.sty}{\usepackage{bookmark}}{\usepackage{hyperref}}
> \hypersetup{
>   pdftitle={Link colors},
>   pdfauthor={Steve Petersen},
>   colorlinks=true,
>   linkcolor={blue},
>   filecolor={Maroon},
>   citecolor={Blue},
>   urlcolor={Blue},
>   pdfcreator={LaTeX via pandoc}}
> \urlstyle{same} % disable monospaced font for URLs
> \setlength{\emergencystretch}{3em} % prevent overfull lines
> \providecommand{\tightlist}{%
>   \setlength{\itemsep}{0pt}\setlength{\parskip}{0pt}}
> \setcounter{secnumdepth}{-\maxdimen} % remove section numbering
> \ifLuaTeX
>   \usepackage{selnolig}  % disable illegal ligatures

[-- Attachment #2: link-color-minimal.tex --]

* Re: pdf preparecolorset error (from "linkcolor" YAML option?)
@ 2021-06-07 22:28                 ` Steve Petersen
       [not found]                   ` <CAGk0Nk9-850ZqJzHrxW6T2m_1th7pBkUJMJhK=xYqXianeXEcA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Steve Petersen @ 2021-06-07 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 10070 bytes --]

No, that minimal file gives me the same error. If I rem-out the
`\PassOptionsToPackage` line *and* the `\hypersetup`, then it seems to
compile (though the link shows as boxed, not colored). Again, weirdly, a
simple xcolor test I ran worked just fine (attached). What on earth?

Thanks,
Steve

On Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 5:57 PM Bastien DUMONT <bastien.dumont-VwIFZPTo/vqsTnJN9+BGXg@public.gmane.org>
wrote:

> [...]
> > \IfFileExists{xurl.sty}{\usepackage{xurl}}{} % add URL line breaks if
> available
> > \IfFileExists{bookmark.sty}{\usepackage{bookmark}}{\usepackage{hyperref}}
> > \hypersetup{
> >   pdftitle={Link colors},
> >   pdfauthor={Steve Petersen},
> >   colorlinks=true,
> >   linkcolor={blue},
> >   filecolor={Maroon},
> >   citecolor={Blue},
> >   urlcolor={Blue},
> >   pdfcreator={LaTeX via pandoc}}
> > \urlstyle{same} % disable monospaced font for URLs
> > \setlength{\emergencystretch}{3em} % prevent overfull lines
> > \providecommand{\tightlist}{%
> >   \setlength{\itemsep}{0pt}\setlength{\parskip}{0pt}}
> > \setcounter{secnumdepth}{-\maxdimen} % remove section numbering
> > \ifLuaTeX
> >   \usepackage{selnolig}  % disable illegal ligatures

[-- Attachment #2: link-color.tex --]
[-- Type: text/x-tex, Size: 243 bytes --]

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{txfonts}
\usepackage{xcolor}
\begin{document}

\title{Link colors}

\author{Steve Petersen}

\maketitle

\textcolor{blue}{Like does this work?}

\textcolor{red}{Is this a different color?}

\end{document}

@ 2021-06-07 22:48                     ` Bastien DUMONT
From: Bastien DUMONT @ 2021-06-07 22:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

You could try updating bookmark and hyperref. After that I have no idea...

@ 2021-06-08  2:10                       ` Steve Petersen
From: Steve Petersen @ 2021-06-08  2:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss