Dear all, Thank you both so much for the replies. I've included a zip file here that contains all the necessary files to show the behavior. I tried it both as [25] and [p. 25], but the results were identical (this example shows p. 25). The file command.txt shows the command I used to produce the docx file output. Could it have something to do with the org-mode conversion? I also noticed that the suppress-bibliography option didn't work for me this time, but it has in the past. Many thanks again for your help, Joe On Fri, Sep 24, 2021 at 12:20 PM Bastien DUMONT wrote: > Just in case, do you type "@citekey [25]" or "@citekey [p. 25]"? > > Le Friday 24 September 2021 à 09:08:39AM, John MacFarlane a écrit : > > > > The feature works fine for me, so I'm not sure what is going > > on in your case. One possibility is that this is just the > > way your style formats page numbers (but that's unlikely). > > > > If you create a zip with everything needed to reproduce this > > (input file, csl, bibliography, and exact command used) then > > we can take a look. > > > > Joseph Johnson writes: > > > > > Good morning, > > > > > > First of all, I want to say thank you to John MacFarlane and to > everyone > > > who works on Pandoc. It is a truly wonderful tool. > > > > > > If you have the chance, I'd be grateful for your advice about a > citation > > > format question. I've only just recently learned that in addition to > the > > > format *[@citekey, pagenum]*, it is possible to omit the surrounding > > > brackets, thus preventing parentheses from being inserted in citations > > > within footnotes. If I understand correctly, following the examples in > the > > > User's Guide, it should be possible to write something in a footnote > like > > > "For more information, see *@citekey [pagenum],*" yielding the correct > > > reference in the footnote without enclosing it in parentheses. > > > > > > However, whenever I attempt this, the page number remains within > brackets > > > in the outputted file. For example, using the Chicago style and citing > page > > > 25, the result would be: "For more information, see *Author, Title > (Place: > > > Publisher, Year) [25]*." This seems to suggest that the page number is > not > > > actually being associated with the citation, and that it is just being > > > outputted verbatim. > > > > > > The behavior is consistent when using different CSL stylesheets like > MLA, > > > on both macOS and Linux, using two different versions of Pandoc. I > assume > > > that I've misunderstood something, and would be grateful for advice. > > > > > > Many thanks for your time, and all my best, > > > Joe > > > > > > -- > > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google > Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. > > > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send > an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > > > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/4910c58b-3d87-4783-a878-cc52191475a2n%40googlegroups.com > . > > > > -- > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google > Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. > > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send > an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/m2fstu0xdk.fsf%40Johns-Air.hsd1.ca.comcast.net > . > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the > Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. > To unsubscribe from this topic, visit > https://groups.google.com/d/topic/pandoc-discuss/RjqtAwBCXgU/unsubscribe. > To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to > pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/YU36jM7PNy0kBQdQ%40localhost > . > -- Dr. Joseph R. Johnson Assistant Professor of French and Francophone Studies Georgetown University josephrjohnson.com -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CAGurDyAboRmdxSjnBg34vf%3DGmry_oT4s7TMzKxg9qr%3DY_FYOPg%40mail.gmail.com.