* Format cross-references and web hyperlinks differently in Word
@ 2022-01-08 19:09 Cassandra Lyderitz
       [not found] ` <60a0cabf-884e-452c-b094-9f6b1a9f546an-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Cassandra Lyderitz @ 2022-01-08 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Is there a way to format cross-references and web hyperlinks differently
when converting Markdown to MS Word with Pandoc?

On the one hand, since the output remains digital, I definitely need
clickable cross-references to images, tables etc., so I need to set the
`ref-hyperlink` parameter to `true`.
I need the clickable cross-references not to stand out from the surrounding
text, i. e. they need to remain without underscores and black.

On the other hand, I would like the true hyperlinks, i. a. web links, to be
blue and underscored. Moreover, it would be great if the web links were
clickable.

However, in the proposed sample doc template, the same `Hyperlink` style is
governing the appearance of both objects. I have seen such unused styles
as `Smart Link` and `Smart Hyperlink`, but do they mean anything to pandoc?

Thanks in advance for any response.

* Re: Format cross-references and web hyperlinks differently in Word
       [not found] ` <60a0cabf-884e-452c-b094-9f6b1a9f546an-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2022-01-08 20:12   ` BPJ
       [not found]     ` <CADAJKhAW8LSVGBS56UmSM+4xjV9skk4dMcE8HPTNFkFrdJQ9Nw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: BPJ @ 2022-01-08 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

The links produced by Pandoc should have a named character style applied to
them. Follow the instructions at

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/customize-or-create-new-styles-d38d6e47-f6fc-48eb-a607-1eb120dec563

for Word or

https://documentation.libreoffice.org/assets/Uploads/Documentation/en/GS5.2/HTML/GS5203-StylesAndTemplates.html

for LibreOffice

and modify that style however you like *without renaming* it, then use that
file as reference document when you run pandoc as described in the manual

https://pandoc.org/MANUAL.html#option--reference-doc

There is a wiki page which I started once upon a time. It should still be
relevant

https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/wiki/Defining-custom-DOCX-styles-in-LibreOffice-(and-Word)

/bpj

@ 2022-01-09 10:00       ` Cassandra Lyderitz