I am trying to understand a bit more about Lua filters, in particular "spellcheck" in the repository. https://github.com/pandoc/lua-filters/tree/master/spellcheck and my understanding is that the filters will act on the AST, but a sequence of: $ pandoc sample.md -s -o sample.tex $ pandoc --lua-filter spellcheck.lua sample.md summer missspeling [en] $ pandoc --lua-filter spellcheck.lua sample.tex des français missspeling english sont Ces Mais seems to show that the Pandoc (ver 3.1.9) is not understanding the language metadata, as used by the LaTeX-writer. In fact, I do not see the the main-language metadata entry under either of the commands: pandoc -t native sample.md pandoc -t native sample.tex Is that what is going on here? Joshua -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CAH114nCcs0R1-ayRGf5W%2BR7VAAMLAYY-L62MvSK4AtWoqON%3Dtw%40mail.gmail.com.