From: Chris Lott <chris-qMDBG1KJBpwBXFe83j6qeQ@public.gmane.org>
To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org
Subject: Re: Pandoc and OPML
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 15:06:06 -0800	[thread overview]

All of the mind mapping and outlining tools I have used basically use
the <outline> elements as headers and the "text" attributes -- or in
one case the "_note" attribute as paragraphs in that section. I could
send a couple of samples from different mindmapping applications if it
would help.

I guess ignoring the custom elements would be the simplest... or
accommodating just some of the most common ones (such as "_note")?

I've been trying some XSLT transformations to convert to Markdown, but
while this works OK for headers from the outline elements, they fail
at dealing with linebreaks in the text, which of course makes the
markdown useless.

Just a thought!