* Disable inicode math in markdown > html > markdown conversion
@ 2022-09-22 15:25 Gabriel Braun
       [not found] ` <13b58a78-9b10-43f7-83fc-3905e01a7c69n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Gabriel Braun @ 2022-09-22 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hello!

I need to convert a markdown document to HTML and then convert it back to
markdown. When I do this, math like $\pi$ gets converted to <span
I convert it back to markdown.

Is there a way to disable this feature and get $\pi$ back in the final
markdown? I have tried using html-tex_math_dollars, but that ended up
escaping all the $ signs.

Thank you!

* Re: Disable inicode math in markdown > html > markdown conversion
       [not found] ` <13b58a78-9b10-43f7-83fc-3905e01a7c69n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2022-09-22 15:29   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <DE14185D-3ADC-472D-8D05-8347EE6CD8FE-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2022-09-22 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

When writing HTML, use

-t html --mathjax

and when reading HTML, use

-f html+tex_math_dollars

This should round-trip the math. as tex.

@ 2022-09-22 16:41       ` Gabriel Braun
From: Gabriel Braun @ 2022-09-22 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw