That would be an overkill. If you want to go from .tex to .pdf use old plain LaTeX and leave pandoc aside. Regarding what other people use, that would depend on what these other people need and/or want. For instance, my usual workflow is to write in Pandoc's markdown to get pdf, html, epub and sometimes texinfo. -- jeremy theler www.seamplex.com On Wed, May 6, 2020, 12:12 R. Wils wrote: > Isn't it easier to write my text documents directly in Latex (.tex?) and > convert it with pandoc to pdf? > What are other people using? > > Now I'm writing my text documents in Markdown format (.md), include a few > latex commands and convert it to pdf (using pandoc) > > markdown format is more readable but it is easier to add latex code. > > ps: I didn't know that I could do so many things with Pandoc. > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "pandoc-discuss" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/23108add-70bd-42e1-a320-8c5a38363b6f%40googlegroups.com > > . > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CAK0LiymWf-favbZ6t4VWrqW5CkpLRFvjd8096h9RSL3_7nxvoA%40mail.gmail.com.