* Q: How do I preserve image order
@ 2022-04-11 10:57 PowerUser
       [not found] ` <0a1b7f7f-6a14-43cd-8348-3dbe2202bd51n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: PowerUser @ 2022-04-11 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hello fellow pandoc users and developers!

I am using pandoc to compile markdown files to PDF files for an engineering
class I'm taking. For all of our work, we have to adhere to certain
standards. Two of the things we are required to do are:

a) Label and caption figures like this- "*Figure N: Description*"
b) Keep things in the correct sections of the document

The problem is, I can only figure out how to do one of these things at a
time with pandoc, and I was wondering if I could get some help doing both
of them at once.

Here's what I'm doing:

To get captions, I just embed the image like so:
![*Multi-meter wired in parallel for measuring volts*](./volts.svg)

However, if I do it like this, pandoc groups the images together and puts
them on their own page at the end of the document, violating rule b.

If I want to not violate rule b, I have discovered (thanks to stackoverflow
<https://stackoverflow.com/a/61486059>) I can compile the document with the -f
markdown-implicit_figures option. The problem with this is it deletes the
captions, so I violate rule a.

Is there a way I can embed images in my PDF while having them appear where
I embed them in markdown file and keep their captions?

Thanks,
Blake

* AW: How do I preserve image order
       [not found] ` <0a1b7f7f-6a14-43cd-8348-3dbe2202bd51n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2022-04-11 11:11   ` denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0
From: denis.maier-NSENcxR/0n0 @ 2022-04-11 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

That sounds like LaTeX’s float behaviour.
Have a look a this answer : https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/2275/keeping-tables-figures-close-to-where-they-are-mentioned

Best,
Denis

[...]

* Re: Q: How do I preserve image order