Thank you, I need to install context and try it out. It's super strange that HTML to PDF converters don't make tagged PDFs by default, because HTML and the PDF tags are extremely similar. Where do I place the: \setuptagging[state=start] command? Just above my first heading, or in a yaml block? Thanks, Brandon Keith Biggs On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 1:10 AM Ulrike Fischer wrote: > Am Sun, 31 Mar 2019 07:42:45 -0700 schrieb Brandon Keith Biggs: > > > Hello, > > Does anyone have a better workflow for generating tagged PDFs than > > converting to docx or odt and generating the PDF from there? > > Conferences are starting to require accessible PDFs: > > https://icad2019.icad.org/call-for-participation/ > > https://assets19.sigaccess.org/creating_accessible_pdfs.html > > > > The output to HTML, epub, docx, and odt with pandoc is great tag-wise, > but > > not to PDF. If anyone knows a better process, I'm sure all the > conferences > > requiring accessible PDFs would be very happy to promote pandoc. > > When using context as the tex engine you can add > \setuptagging[state=start]. > > With latex you can add tags with the tagpdf package. But this is > currently quite experimental, and if and how well it works depends a > lot on the document and the template. If you want to try you will > need validation software like pac3 or adobe pro. And I would advise > to avoid the additional complication of a pandoc conversion and to > work at first only with the latex sources. > > -- > Ulrike Fischer > http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/ > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "pandoc-discuss" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/ukrij1lawu2s.dlg%40nililand.de > . > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CAKAWQkX2vZBgaomjzborp%3Db0ycXvyK%2BodBRPxFwoaFz%2BOG7Whg%40mail.gmail.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.