Hello John, I also have an issue with long tables due to 'longtables' sometimes unnecessarily split small tables (depending where you insert). So, while we don't have a better option how about if pandoc provide an option to use standard tabular instead of the default longtables? -- Wagner Macedo On 4 July 2015 at 19:26, John MacFarlane wrote: > +++ kurt.pfeifle-gM/Ye1E23mwN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org [Jul 04 15 11:41 ]: > >> It occurred to me that what I had thought of previously may not work: >> modifying the LaTeX template to not use `longtable`, but another >> package instead and get classoption `twocolumn` to work. >> This may be because the LaTeX "micro code" (my name for it) for tables >> may not work when simply loading a different table package. Is this >> assumption correct? >> > > Correct, use of longtable is hard coded. This is quite > unfortunate, and I've long been wanting a better alternative > that will work with 2-column text but also break across > pages when needed. Haven't found one yet. > > Failing that, it may be worth having an option for regular > tables. > > Do I indeed have to resort into writing my own raw LaTeX code if I want >> tables in two-column output? >> > > It's probably possible to redefine the longtable environment > to something else in your preamble. > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "pandoc-discuss" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/20150704222645.GD11787%40localhost.hsd1.ca.comcast.net > . > > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CAKGY2P%3D97XY%2BAW_%2BKBNevd8LDD%2BhhbbNtaT__utC-B%2B2CGJ%3Dmg%40mail.gmail.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.