From: "Vít Novotný" <witiko-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org
Subject: Re: pdflatex not found. Please select a different --pdf-engine or install pdflatex
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2022 14:51:08 +0200	[thread overview]

LaTeX loads \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc} for a couple years now, even if it
is not explicitly loaded by the template, so most characters such as ë will
come out fine when they are supported by your font. However, the error
message says that the U+2003 (em space) character is not recognized by
LaTeX, which is not unexpected. I would replace it with \quad or just plain
spaces.