Very interesting, John! I like the idea of a fixed set of goals (which involved simplicity of implementation) and sticking to them! Leonard On Thu, Jul 14, 2022 at 5:57 PM John MacFarlane wrote: > I've been designing a new light markup syntax, based on the ideas in my > essay "Beyond Markdown" (https://johnmacfarlane.net/beyond-markdown.html). > I thought readers of this list might be interested. The language and its > rationale are described here: https://github.com/jgm/djot > > The repository also contains a very fast parser written in pure Lua. A > pandoc custom reader and custom writer are also provided, so you can > convert your favorite formats to and from djot. > > The syntax is briefly described here: > https://djot.net/playground/syntax.html > > You can play with the implementation here: https://djot.net/playground/ > > John > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "pandoc-discuss" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/EF9566B8-7F8B-49BD-9FFB-B370750C73BF%40berkeley.edu > . > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CALu%3Dv3LE%2Bb5xZzTzETK-uJbR64D8O49f6dQ5KGKS_hhzY1q4dQ%40mail.gmail.com.