* docbook  codeblock callouts > markdown
@ 2022-11-18  9:03 Aidan Reilly
       [not found] ` <99430384-ef3a-4534-a9da-8dcbcf7f0f91n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Aidan Reilly @ 2022-11-18  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

H again,

A feature of docbook/asciidoc that is really useful is codeblock callouts.
It seems that this is not currently supported in the latest pandoc.

Is there a way to tell pandoc to passthrough codeblocks "untouched"? I
think if this was the case a lua filter could apply the rest of the markup
I need.

Example:
$ cat callout.adoc
[source,yaml]
----
bmc:
  address: <bmc_address>
  credentialsName: <secret_credentials_name>  <1>
  disableCertificateVerification: True
----
<1> `credentialsName` needs a callout>

Run through asciidoctor > pandoc:

$ asciidoctor -b docbook -o - callout.adoc | pandoc -t markdown -f docbook
``` yaml
bmc:
  address: <bmc_address>
  credentialsName: <secret_credentials_name>
  disableCertificateVerification: True
```

-   `credentialsName` needs a callout

Any other suggestions or strategies welcome

Thanks,
Aidan

* Re: docbook  codeblock callouts > markdown
       [not found] ` <99430384-ef3a-4534-a9da-8dcbcf7f0f91n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2022-11-23 17:34   ` Albert Krewinkel
       [not found]     ` <8735a9po3h.fsf-9EawChwDxG8hFhg+JK9F0w@public.gmane.org>
From: Albert Krewinkel @ 2022-11-23 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Aidan Reilly <aireilly-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org> writes:

> A feature of docbook/asciidoc that is really useful is codeblock
> callouts. It seems that this is not currently supported in the latest
> pandoc.

I didn't know about callouts, they seem like a nice and useful feature:
https://docs.asciidoctor.org/asciidoc/latest/verbatim/callouts/

Could you post the DocBook code generated by asciidoctor? I suspect that
this feature would require changes to the docbook reader, but maybe once
could make do with a custom Lua reader.

--
Albert Krewinkel

@ 2022-11-25 10:24       ` Aidan Reilly
       [not found]         ` <7925cbe1-1d0d-4b9f-abe4-9224472bd417n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Aidan Reilly @ 2022-11-25 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hi Albert!

So here is the complete example:

$ cat callout.adoc
[source,yaml]
----
bmc:
  address: <bmc_address>
  credentialsName: <secret_credentials_name>  <1>
  disableCertificateVerification: True
----
<1> `credentialsName` needs a callout

$ cat callout.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?asciidoc-toc?>
<?asciidoc-numbered?>
<article xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook" xmlns:xl="
http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" version="5.0" xml:lang="en">
<info>
<title>Untitled</title>
<date>2022-11-25</date>
</info>
<programlisting language="yaml" linenumbering="unnumbered">bmc:
  address: &lt;bmc_address&gt;
  credentialsName: &lt;secret_credentials_name&gt;  <co xml:id="CO1-1"/>
  disableCertificateVerification: True</programlisting>
<calloutlist>
<callout arearefs="CO1-1">
</callout>
</calloutlist>
</article>

$ pandoc -t markdown -f docbook callout.xml
``` yaml
bmc:
  address: <bmc_address>
  credentialsName: <secret_credentials_name>
  disableCertificateVerification: True
```

-   `credentialsName` needs a callout

I'm just not clear whether this can be handled with a lua filter or not.

Thanks,

Aidan

@ 2022-12-01 16:57           ` Aidan Reilly
       [not found]             ` <42d817a7-49f5-452a-a38c-d0764ec3e5cdn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Aidan Reilly @ 2022-12-01 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Wondering about this again. Albert, are you suggesting something like a
custom docbook reader might be useful
here? https://pandoc.org/custom-readers.html Are thee examples of custom
docbook readers you can point to?

Thanks,

Aidan

@ 2022-12-03  8:16               ` Albert Krewinkel
       [not found]                 ` <87tu2cx5k6.fsf-9EawChwDxG8hFhg+JK9F0w@public.gmane.org>
From: Albert Krewinkel @ 2022-12-03  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Aidan Reilly <aireilly-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org> writes:

> Wondering about this again. Albert, are you suggesting something like
> a custom docbook reader might be useful here? https://pandoc.org/
> custom-readers.html Are thee examples of custom docbook readers you
> can point to?

That was my thought, yes. But I can't offer any examples or even more
detailed ideas on how to approach this. Sorry. Fixing this in the reader
is probably the best approach.

--
Albert Krewinkel

@ 2022-12-03 10:13                   ` Aidan Reilly