Thanks Albert, I was able to add lfs to my Docker image and everything works fine. Having more functions in pandoc.system would be great, but I'm also happy with lfs. I would say that enhancing pandoc.system would be more lightweight Cheers, Claudio Il giorno gio 14 lug 2022 alle ore 15:51 Albert Krewinkel < albert+pandoc-9EawChwDxG8hFhg+JK9F0w@public.gmane.org> ha scritto: > Hi Claudio, > > Claudio Di Vita writes: > > > I created a Docker image from pandoc/latex (the Ubuntu version) to run > > my pandoc conversions, thus developing some custom filters. > > > > Due to new requirements, within a filter I need to scan directories and > > looking for files. I would use lfs (installing it via luarocks) but I'm > > wondering how I can use it with pandoc. > > > > Should I install lua separately within my custom Docker image and > > instructs pandoc to use such version ? > > We build the image such that you can simply use the Ubuntu package > manager to install Lua libraries. E.g., for lfs, try this: > > ``` > RUN apt-get -q --no-allow-insecure-repositories update \ > && DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive \ > apt-get install --assume-yes lua-filesystem > && rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/* > ``` > > The pandoc versions in our images are built against the system's Lua > library, so any system-wide Lua package can be used with pandoc. > > > Any other suggestions on how to scan directories from a Lua filter ? I > > could run a find through pandoc.pipe, but then I have to parse the > > output and, in general, looks like a dirty solution. > > We could think about making more functions from > [hslua-module-system](https://github.com/hslua/hslua/hslua-module-system) > available in the `pandoc.system` module. See also the discussion in > https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/pull/5468 > > -- > Albert Krewinkel > GPG: 8eed e3e2 e8c5 6f18 81fe e836 388d c0b2 1f63 1124 > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the > Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. > To unsubscribe from this topic, visit > https://groups.google.com/d/topic/pandoc-discuss/l4os8uJVm1o/unsubscribe. > To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to > pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/87cze7g5ud.fsf%40zeitkraut.de > . > -- Claudio claudio.divita-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CAMBF16vEydBSts6a_PhU-X5UmVSp92Ek-ryf2LGkMT%3DZD%2BWMGQ%40mail.gmail.com.