* Setting absolute values for table columns in markdown
@ 2022-07-15 13:00 A A
From: A A @ 2022-07-15 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Dear All,

I'm trying to write a markdown to LaTeX writer using panflute. In pandoc,
the table column widths are defined as a "ratio" of the total text width
(72) in pandoc. Each column gets a value from 0 to 1 representing the
fraction of the total text width that that column should take.

This might work well for formats like HTML, but for my LaTeX writer I'd
much rather specify absolute values for the column widths and have pandoc
ignore how wide they are in the markdown source.

Can we provide attribute-like qualities to table columns in markdown? It
would seem quite counterintuitive to have to define the absolute value of
my LaTeX table columns as a *function* of the textwidth and the width of
the column in the markdown source.

Regards,

Amine