* Some code formatting for code block attributes in pandoc's markdown....
@ 2022-07-18 15:15 A A
       [not found] ` <CAMwawgPfpCPP8ZHJox-QztJC2J73L_h5zT0due=-b-6npw7hHg-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: A A @ 2022-07-18 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Dear All,

I'm designing my own writer and have ended up with something like this for
how I would like to define some of my Code Blocks:

```
``` { #lst:imported-code-block .python firstline=4 lastline=8
filename=imported-code-block.py }
```
```

Is it possible to break down the identifier, classes and attributes of the
code block in multiple lines in the source? It's beginning to look a bit
cluttered and messy.

Regards,

Amine

* Re: Some code formatting for code block attributes in pandoc's markdown....
       [not found] ` <CAMwawgPfpCPP8ZHJox-QztJC2J73L_h5zT0due=-b-6npw7hHg-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2022-07-18 15:24   ` Sukil Etxenike arizaleta
       [not found]     ` <4d799efa-fe25-c4cb-c542-e18278f8415c-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: Sukil Etxenike arizaleta @ 2022-07-18 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Yes, you can. I've tried with Pandoc 2.18 and it worked fine, except in
one case where I don't know what I did.

Hth,

Sukil

@ 2022-07-18 15:29       ` A A
From: A A @ 2022-07-18 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hmmm... I guess you can, but it doesn't get syntax highlighted properly by
Vim... strange...

@ 2022-07-18 16:16       ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]         ` <C46B3BA1-AA71-49DE-A15B-299173A4F045-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2022-07-18 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

It will work with pandoc's markdown parser, but not with commonmark and variants.  For maximum portability and future-proofing, you might want to avoid line breaks in attributes.

@ 2022-07-18 18:02           ` A A
       [not found]             ` <CAMwawgMRm0o1YS6i+dchx1YHy4q03wQbEuzRGbfiuO6qaep9dw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: A A @ 2022-07-18 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

If you have many attributes and want to keep the markdown source clean, I
don't see how that can be avoided....

@ 2022-07-18 18:06               ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]                 ` <47D489F7-4FC9-444A-901B-A42FE3AB3A6A-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2022-07-18 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

In commonmark with the generic attributes extension (enabled in commonmark_x), you can put different attributes on different lines:

{.class}
{key=value oherkey=othervalue}
{more="of this"}
```