Yes, but Lua + Luarocks support is nonexistent for Windows. Here's proof: https://github.com/luarocks/luarocks/issues/1423 Furthermore what useful functions are you referring to which the Lua API exposes and which panflute doesn't? On Thu, 7 Jul 2022 at 00:49, John MacFarlane wrote: > > Lua filters are also much faster, because we avoid the JSON > serialization and deserialization step. And the Lua API now > exposes many useful functions that you're probably not going > to find in panflute. > > Günter Dannoritzer writes: > > > I agree with your statement about Python, however, having programmed a > few > > filter for pandoc I struggled with panflute as the core concept to > > understand is how the pandoc AST works. I did not find that much help in > > panflute, and it was easier for me to learn lua and use the numerous > > lua-filter-examples. Also, I find it easier to use lua, as there are no > > extra installations necessary. > > > > amine.ab...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org schrieb am Dienstag, 5. Juli 2022 um 17:12:42 > UTC+2: > > > >> I'd like to avoid using Lua to make my own custom filters, readers > and/or > >> writers and stick to panflute because, well, python is just superior to > Lua. > >> > >> If anyone's familiar using panflute, I'd appreciate any commentary or > help > >> I can get on a recent issue > >> I logged in > which > >> I am trying to process BulletLists. > >> > >> Thanks for your consideration. > >> > > > > -- > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google > Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. > > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send > an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/785dec1b-ea96-4297-9a0e-2d36f9107bddn%40googlegroups.com > . > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "pandoc-discuss" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/m2let5q2ki.fsf%40johnmacfarlane.net > . > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CAMwawgN9VkZoWgvdw6xLvoLaB3QRUktswSP8VCuPvjmWvM5xsw%40mail.gmail.com.