From: A A <amine.aboufirass-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org
Subject: Re: Breaking up image description into multiple lines in source file
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 14:44:32 +0000	[thread overview]

You can always break the line before and after the code span.

I’m aware of that. My question is about how I can break the line *within*
the code span.

Do you really have inline code spans, let alone class names, which are
longer than ca 70-80 characters

I just happen to be using 78 characters as maximum column count in my
source file in Vim. Different situations arise where the inline code needs
to be broken up into multiple lines. Long file paths, inline code that
occurs at the end of a line, long class names or commands exceeding 78
characters, you name it.

In such a case I would express things differently so that I can use a code
block

I don’t like that reasoning at all. Long inline code can and will occur in
a variety of use cases. Just because one can circumvent the problem by
replacing with a code block doesn’t mean they should. Please trust that for
the purposes of my question I really *do* need inline code and really *do*
need to break it up at the end of a line.

I would be very surprised if this wasn't supported in the current
implementation of Pandoc's Markdown.