* (unknown)
@ 2021-06-08 20:31 T. Kurt Bond
       [not found] ` <CAN1EhV_aNcHtsaajksgMqk3+nu0spmWMkvkCSh78PyBGLng=vQ-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: T. Kurt Bond @ 2021-06-08 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Here's a reStructuredText table that renders improperly:

+---------------+------------+---------------+-------------+
|               | **Damage** |               | **Damage**  |
+===============+============+===============+=============+
| Axe           | +3D        | *Modern Tech* |             |
+---------------+------------+---------------+-------------+
| Club          | +1D+1      | Light Pistol  | 3D+2        |
+---------------+------------+---------------+-------------+
| Hatchet       | +1D+1      | Heavy Pistol  | 4D          |
+---------------+------------+---------------+-------------+
| Halberd       | +3D        | Rifle         | 5D          |
+---------------+------------+---------------+-------------+
| Knife         | +1D        | Shotgun       | 4D+2        |
+---------------+------------+---------------+-------------+
| Mace          | +1D+1      | BFG           | 6D          |
+---------------+------------+---------------+-------------+
| Rapier        | +2D        | *Sci-Fi Tech*               |
+---------------+------------+---------------+-------------+
| Staff         | +1D+2      | Plasma Pistol | 5D          |
+---------------+------------+---------------+-------------+
| Spear         | +2D        | Plasma Rifle  | 6D          |
+---------------+------------+---------------+-------------+
| Sword         | +2D+2      | Plasma BFG    | 7D          |
+---------------+------------+---------------+-------------+
| Sword, 2h     | +3D+1      | Plasma Sword  | +4D         |
+---------------+------------+---------------+-------------+
| Warhammer     | +3D        | *Ranges in Feet (S/M/L)*    |
+---------------+------------+---------------+-------------+
| Bow           | +2D+2      | Bow           | 30/100/300  |
+---------------+------------+---------------+-------------+
| Crossbow      | 4D+1       | Crossbow      | 50/150/400  |
+---------------+------------+---------------+-------------+
| *Armor Value*              | All Pistols   | 30/100/350  |
+---------------+------------+---------------+-------------+
| Leather       | +2         | All Rifles    | 100/350/500 |
+---------------+------------+---------------+-------------+
| Chainmail     | +6         | Shotguns      | 50/150/400  |
+---------------+------------+---------------+-------------+
| Platemail     | +9         | BFG           | 100/400/700 |
+---------------+------------+---------------+-------------+
| Shield        | +4         | Grenades      | 10/20/30    |
+---------------+------------+---------------+-------------+

Here's the PDF produced with pandoc 2.14.01 via ms output:
[image: image.png]
The "*Ranges with Feet        (S/M/L)*" eight lines from the bottom in the
3rd and 4th columns should be one cell, not two, and the asterisks should
have turned it into italics.

Same thing in the ConTeXt output:
[image: image.png]

Here's the docutils output via LaTeX for comparison:
[image: image.png]

Here's the native output for the row in question:
  ,Row ("",[],[])
   [Cell ("",[],[]) AlignDefault (RowSpan 1) (ColSpan 1)
    [Plain [Str "Warhammer"]]
   ,Cell ("",[],[]) AlignDefault (RowSpan 1) (ColSpan 1)
    [Plain [Str "+3D"]]
   ,Cell ("",[],[]) AlignDefault (RowSpan 1) (ColSpan 1)
    [Plain [Str "*Ranges",Space,Str "in",Space,Str "Feet"]]
   ,Cell ("",[],[]) AlignDefault (RowSpan 1) (ColSpan 1)
    [Plain [Str "(S/M/L)*"]]]

Any ideas?
--
T. Kurt Bond, tkurtbond-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org, https://tkurtbond.github.io

[-- Attachment #2: image.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 190230 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #3: image.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 220405 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #4: image.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 254028 bytes --]

* Re:
       [not found] ` <CAN1EhV_aNcHtsaajksgMqk3+nu0spmWMkvkCSh78PyBGLng=vQ-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-06-09 15:24   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-06-09 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: T. Kurt Bond, pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

colspans aren't currently supported. See
https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/6991

* Re: (unknown)
       [not found] ` <CADAJKhBggA8DZjkoC=m7GvWRK-PdG-eDByP03tE47znBY4qOiw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-05-25 22:19   ` Rik
From: Rik @ 2023-05-25 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

On 2023-05-25 09:52, BPJ wrote:
> [...]
> reference grammar (or even better an historical reference grammar), and
> if so have you anything to share — code or pointers or examples? I will
> almost certainly mesh LaTeX and Pandoc so experiences from handling the
> issues mentioned below in that context are very welcome.
>
> I have tried to find something on CTAN but have come up empty handed,
> and googling “write [natural language] reference grammar with LaTeX” has
> proved useless.
>
> The first feature I will need is section numbers — “§ 42” style — which are
>
> -   in the left margin against a paragraph;
> -   possible to reference with links in the PDF;
> -   preferably using a label since the actual numbers may be subject to
> change when adding/moving around parts;
> -   with running § numbers (of first § on left page and (preferably)
> last § on right page) in the page headers;
> -   independent of chapter/heading structure: a § number/label stands
> against a paragraph rather than a heading, and naturally a paragraph may
> or may not have one;
> -   possibile to have indices — index rerum and index verborum for
> multiple languages — referring to § numbers rather than pages.
>
> So I think that more generally this is about
>
> -   custom label/reference categories;
> -   custom counters;
> -   getting things into the (left) margin flush with the top of a paragraph;
> -   getting custom things (involving counters) into page headers;
> -   custom index formats, specifically indices referencing other numbers
> than page numbers.[2]
>
> I fully expect to have to set up most of this myself, and am willing to
> write external scripts to deal with aspects of it — preferred language
> Perl (which I have been using since the mid nineties) and I’m able and
> willing to use PerlTeX if convenient, since I’m a far better Perl than
> TeX programmer, although getting a grip on LaTeX solutions would be
> wonderful! :-) I also have Lua experience but as I'm using above-ASCII
> Unicode a lot Lua may be less useful. FWIW I have a good grip on how to
> do Unicode-aware/custom-order sorting in Perl and I have even written
> (slow) code to do Unicode-aware/custom-order sorting in Lua.
>
> [1] This involves needing to use system fonts and Unicode/UTF-8 encoded
> text using multiple scripts. Mostly Latin, IPA, Greek and some Cyrillic,
> but using some “exotic” Latin letters and combining marks.
>
> [2] This looks relevant: <https://tex.stackexchange.com/a/63674/93534
> <https://tex.stackexchange.com/a/63674/93534>>.  Using memoir seems to
> be a good idea anyway.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CADAJKhBggA8DZjkoC%3Dm7GvWRK-PdG-eDByP03tE47znBY4qOiw%40mail.gmail.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/CADAJKhBggA8DZjkoC%3Dm7GvWRK-PdG-eDByP03tE47znBY4qOiw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

I believe that ConTeXt can handle all of these requirements. Refer to
\definelabel and related for the first three requirements,
\definemarking and related for the next, and register subentries for the
last (see https://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context-wvrSQK3plZs@public.gmane.org/msg74028.html)
for more on that.

--
Rik

* (unknown)
@ 2023-05-25 13:52 BPJ
       [not found] ` <CADAJKhBggA8DZjkoC=m7GvWRK-PdG-eDByP03tE47znBY4qOiw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: BPJ @ 2023-05-25 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BP Jonsson

@ 2019-04-25  1:09 lcy1980.ly
From: lcy1980.ly @ 2019-04-25  1:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Unsubscribe me from this group now!

* (unknown)
@ 2019-03-03 20:11 John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-03-03 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw,
	pandoc-announce-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I'm pleased to announce the release of pandoc 2.7,
available in the usual places:

Binary packages & changelog:
  https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/releases/tag/2.7
Source & API documentation:
  http://hackage.haskell.org/package/pandoc-2.7

Some noteworthy behavior changes:

- We now default to using the XDG data directory
  (by default, $HOME/.local/share/pandoc but
  overridable by setting XDG_DATA_HOME) instead of
  $HOME/.pandoc for the user data directory.  If
  this directory is not present, $HOME/.pandoc will
  be used, for backwards compatibility.  On Windows
  there are no changes.

- In slide shows, content under headers superordinate
  to slide level is no longer omitted; instead, it is
  included in the title slide for the section (in HTML
  slide formats) or in a slide after the section title
  (in beamer). This change facilitates 2D reveal.js
  slideshows with content in the top slide on each
  stack (#4317, #5237).  (Note that you'll still need
  to specify --slide-level=2 for this behavior.)

- There is a new command line option
  --ipynb-output, with possible values 'all', 'none',
  or 'best' (the default). Output cells in ipynb
  notebooks often contain several different versions
  of an output, with different MIME types, e.g. an
  HTML table and a plain-text fallback. Specifying 'best'
  ensures that the best version for the output format
  is used; 'all' includes all versions; and 'none'
  suppresses them all, leaving output cells empty.

- asciidoctor is now an output format separate from
  asciidoc, to accommodate some minor
  implementation-specific differences (currently just
  in the treatment of display math).  If you produce
  asciidoc that you plan to process using asciidoctor,
  use '-t asciidoctor'.

- latexmk can now be used as an option to
  --pdf-engine. latexmk has a number of options and
  can automatically run bibtex, biber, makeindex, and
  other auxiliary programs. Note that you can use
  --pdf-engine-opt=-outdir=bar to specify a persistent
  temp directory, which should speed up repeated
  builds.

API changes:

- Add writeAsciiDoctor to Text.Pandoc.Writers.AsciiDoc.
- Text.Pandoc.Readers.Markdown: add ReaderOptios
  parameter to yamlToMeta.
- Text.Pandoc.Shared: remove withTempDir, add
  defaultUserDataDirs and filterIpynbOutput.

Thanks to everyone who contributed, including
Mauro Bieg, Jesse Rosenthal, Alexander Krotov,
Albert Krewinkel, Tarik Graba, John KetzerX,
Agustín Martín Barbero, Arfon Smith, and Pascal Wagler.
Thanks also to those who suggested bug fixes and
new features.

* (unknown)
@ 2014-04-14  8:25 floss-U/CwgbeeR7qv6jhOC1oHvg
From: floss-U/CwgbeeR7qv6jhOC1oHvg @ 2014-04-14  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)