From: James Benstead <james.benstead-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org
Subject: Re: Retaining headings when converting to PDF
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2020 18:35:51 +0100	[thread overview]

Thank you all, that's very helpful.

mb21: thank you for directing me to the github issue. I'd actually found
that independently, and it led me to try using ConTeXt. As you can see from
my comments at the bottom of the issue, while ConTeXt does add in some
headers, it doesn't allow for any hierarchical depth: i.e., when it
produces a PDF it flattens all headers to level 1.

Word seems like the best bet for now, so I'll keep using that. I'll keep an
eye on this, though, as it would be great to be able to create tagged PDFs
from the command line, based on Markdown files.

--
Too brief? Here's why! http://emailcharter.org