* pandoc-crossref -  correct usage
@ 2020-11-30 17:43 André Jäger
       [not found] ` <86ae9a5a-f9ce-4d69-b3a0-80c62aa07addn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: André Jäger @ 2020-11-30 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hello,
I need to convert a tex-file (latex-document) into a docx-document.

I managed successfully the creation of the bibliography using
pandoc-citeproc with a csl-file.

Now I would like to take care of the cross-references and numbering of
figures and tables. Therefore pandoc-crossref has to be used..

I fail using pandoc-crossref in a correct way that the expected result is
created (a docx-document including the cross-references and numbering of
figures and tables). The output-file with the usage of pandoc-crossref is
exactly the same as without the usage of pandoc-crossref. There are no
cross-references und numberings displayed in the output-docx-file.

I use the following command / syntax:

pandoc -s -f latex --filter pandoc-crossref -o destinationfile.docx -t docx
latexfile.tex

I checked the documentation, and I am not sure about the "--filter"-option.
I am not sure if a filter has to be defined somewhere.

Somene who can help how pandoc-crossref ist used correctly?

* Re: pandoc-crossref - correct usage
       [not found] ` <86ae9a5a-f9ce-4d69-b3a0-80c62aa07addn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-12-01  8:17   ` Gabriel Nützi
       [not found]     ` <e300793e-8c57-5f5e-0d95-3e3dfd14d4a5-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
From: Gabriel Nützi @ 2020-12-01  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

The `--filter ` option is correct. Are you sure the pandoc-crossref
executable (probably yes)
also you need to specify the bibliography as shown here
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gabyx/TechnicalMarkdown/master/Content.md

BR

@ 2020-12-02 23:13       ` André Jäger
       [not found]         ` <5a572de7-3b22-492f-9005-64e5f4e1368fn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: André Jäger @ 2020-12-02 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Thank you for the answer.

Yes, I managed to specify the bibliography and the csl-file using
pandoc-citeproc. I just left it out for this example - since my difficulty
is to use pandoc-crossref.

For example the numeration of the figures in the output-document
(docx-doument) is missing.
Instead of "Figure x: abc" there is only "abc" written, no "Figure x". Same
with tables.

I guess the output has to be defined somewhere. How does pandoc-crossref
know what to do? I guess I have to define it somewhere.
In the sample-link I see the following comands:
- crossrefYaml: "includes/pandoc-crossref.yaml"
- link-citations: true

Do I have to specify more in the command:

pandoc -s -f latex --filter pandoc-crossref -o destinationfile.docx -t docx
latexfile.tex

for example a yaml-file ?

André

@ 2020-12-07 21:03           ` André Jäger
       [not found]             ` <CAPBdL9-=JBQyFYcNsBKy=+LnQSxDgNZx4eJXn8w+2WpxO=w7Yw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: André Jäger @ 2020-12-07 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

The issue is solved.

pandoc -s -f latex -F pandoc-crossref -M
crossrefYaml=/...path.../pandoc-crossref.yaml --citeproc
--bibliography=bibfile.bib --csl=cslfile.csl -o output.docx -t docx
latexfile.tex

Furthermore figures and tables are only numbered if there is a label
attached to the floating-object in LaTeX where a figure or table is
embedded. It does not matter if the label is used or not for a reference.
Only the fact if a label is attached to the floating object decides if the
numbering of a figure or table is printed. And the label must exactly
correspond to the syntax "fig:.." and "tbl:..". If this syntax in the label
is not followed, there is no numbering of the figure or table.

@ 2021-07-21 21:31               ` Leena Murgai
       [not found]                 ` <fd26c909-af62-4b24-b89b-5c7590aaee0fn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Leena Murgai @ 2021-07-21 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hi André,

I have a similar problem to yours. I'm converting from LaTeX to HTML5. I
find \ref{} works but \label{} doesn't label the caption. Can you share the
contents of your pandoc-crossref.yml in case I'm missing something?

I tried your advice here, also using ```\label{tbl:label-name}``` in my
LaTeX without success.

Thanks in advance!
Leena

@ 2021-07-22  5:48                   ` André Jäger
       [not found]                     ` <CAPBdL9-C86ojtyswKUUaSFiWgD0gguhv3oGxQjwFaoikQedSfQ-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: André Jäger @ 2021-07-22  5:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hello Leena,

of course. The file is quite simple - just a text-file with the ending
"yaml":

------------------------
figureTitle: "Table (or any other text)"
figPrefix: "Figure (or any other text)"
eqnPrefix: "Any Text"
tblPrefix: "Any Text"
cref: true